Chapter 26

Third person

Dr Rosaline took a deep breath, before reiterating the whole story which she had learnt from Avery Romano. She had hesitated whether to reveal her constant nightmares which had been haunting her ever since she had visited her or to keep it a secret just between them, though Avery Romano had brought that secret to her grave now. 

But she decided to reveal, especially when those brothers of hers were the one who were practically begging her to tell them everything she knew. Moreover, they need to know how much pain they had been inflicting all these years. Just because Avery Romano was gone does not mean that the things they had done to her were gone as well. It was something that they ought to remember at least for this lifetime. 

Although her heart felt as though it was getting ripped into half while telling those men what their little sister had gone through, it was a necessary one. Mason Romano was angry at the fact that Avery Romano had been asking for sleeping pills to be prescribed to her without him knowing. But come to think of it, it was not like he could stop those nightmares from haunting her at night and that was what made her to greatly depend on the pills. 

By the end of the revelation, the brothers looked utterly heartbroken. It was a sight to see those admirable and fearful looking men to have such look to be plastered on their faces. Dr Rosaline did feel a tiny pang of guilt after seeing their faces but the memories of Avery Romano breaking down in her office overtook that pang of guilt. What they are feeling now was only one tenth, no at least one hundredth of what Avery Romano had been feeling all these while. 

She stood up from her seat and demanded,"That's all I have to say, now get out of my office and don't ever appear in front of my office again." Her words held no room for a bargain. The men complied to her words and quietly left the office with heavy hearts. Alexander Romano's hunch was right after all, that they were out of a ride from hell. 

The ride back home was in complete silent, no one was in the mood to talk after learning about every nightmare that Avery Romano had encountered during the past 5 years, not to mention about the rest of the years before she started visiting Dr Rosaline. 

Alexander Romano

Stepping into the house, we heard a soft piano tune coming from the room that we have not stepped into ever since that night. Walking towards the room, we noticed Ari was sitting right in front of the piano, gently pressing onto the keys of the piano. It was a piece that both she and Avery loved, because it was our father's favourite too. Für Elise. (A/N: I don't play the piano so I really have no idea about any famous pieces besides this IBUIBH do feel free to suggest other piece if  any in mind!)

We stood silently outside of the room, quietly listening to her until she stopped playing. As she stood up from the seat, she turned around and noticed that all of us were crowding right outside of the room. 

"Ari, can we...have a talk?" She hesitated for a moment, but nodded her head at my question anyways. We then moved to the living room, where we took a seat at the table. 

"We are sorry, Ari. For the past few days, we have all been wallowing in our own guilt and sorrow and we've failed to realise that you were in pain too. We are sorry that we've failed to act like what a brother should have." She sucked in a deep intake of breath and she sighed softly,"I have to apologise too, for my behaviour on that day. We were all hurting, just that we have different way of coping with it. And I'm sure, that Eliz wouldn't want to see us like this."

She bit her trembling lips slowly, trying to control the whirring tears in her eyes. Smiling sadly, she said,"Eliz said this to me once, that we should stop living in guilt and regret. And that, we should all live happily, as a family. So, can we do that now? Just that Eliz will be with us in another way, but I'm sure we can all feel it." 

I nodded and replied,"She will always, remain in our hearts."

A reunion and reconciliation that came almost too late. We had almost lost Ari too, due to our foolishness once again. But this time, we will protect her with whatever it takes. We will not cause the same harm to Ari like what we have done to Avery. 

Ordering my men to collect whatever information they can get their hands on Felix Parker, I was looking through the huge pile of documents placed in my office together with Uncle Ezra, Gabriel, Axel and Eli. As much as we were still grieving over Avery's death, we could not simply let that bastard get away with what he had done. 

We had also learnt the reason why he had turned against our family. It was a fucked up reason. We were now looking for any evidence to prove that dad was framed by his damn ex-wife back then. 

It was only right that we avenge for both Avery and dad, after what we have done to them. 

It was time to set things right.

Third Person

Medical personnel were scurrying in and out of the room, frantic movements could be seen from the outside of the room. The man who was sitting on the seat could no longer sit still upon witnessing the situation. With an anxious heart, he stood up from the waiting area and tried to peek through the closed binds behind the window. Nothing could be seen as curtains were drawn from the inside. 

Cursing silently in his head, he paced back and forth outside the door, hoping for good news to be delivered to him. 

Moments later, the doctor who had been busy working on his patient ever since the monitor went off, finally stepped out of the enclosed room. Pulling down his mask, a smile etched onto his face as he announced,"She is out of the woods now, but further monitoring would still be required until she gains back consciousness."

The man finally broke into a wide grin and thanked the doctor before asking,"Then may I visit her now?" The doctor frowned before shaking his head and replied,"No visiting will be allowed within these 24 hours as it may infect her wounds."

The man's smile faltered slightly but thanked the doctor once more. The binds were now gone, allowing him to see the inside of the room, where a girl was laying on the bed with an oxygen mask strapped tightly onto her face and multiple wires connected to her body to show that she was alive.

He let out the breath that he had been holding since the start, at least she was alive.

That's all it matters. 

updated! was trying out to write in a third person POV to see if it will be able to add more atmosphere to the storyline

do let me know what are your thoughts about the new POV included! 

Happy reading! -24/9/2022