Chapter 11: Someone Has A Grudge Against Us

It's about eight o'clock. Raquelle and Terrence came back home. The man managed to call the girl after a few calls and expressed a wish to meet her. Of course, the girl was very happy that the man decided to take her away from the last shooting today. But it surprised her. As well as the fact that he looked excited enough and refused to explain the reason for it. On the way, she thought about all the possible variants, but hoped to hear just something after coming back home.

When the young people barely come to the living room after the girl locks her car, the man takes her hand and leads her after him. They go upstairs quite quickly and go to their room. Terrence closes the door, while Raquelle slowly goes further, puts her purse on the table, and looks at him questioningly.

"So, will you explain what's going on?" Raquelle asks, squinting her eyes slightly. "You said you'd tell everything at home. So, I'm listening to you..."

Terrence comes to Raquelle, softly takes her by the shoulders, and pushes her to the bed, saying quietly:

"Sit down, please."

Raquelle sits on the bed hesitantly, looking at Terrence questioningly, while he joins her. Such a strange behavior of the man makes her very nervous and makes her think something bad is going to happen right now.

"Gosh, Terrence, you're starting to scare me more and more," Raquelle says in a shaking voice with a scare in her eyes. "Did I do something wrong if you didn't say a word on the way? If I'm guilty of something, please, don't be silent... Say, what's my fault."

"No, Raquelle, please, don't be afraid of me," Terrence says quietly, takes Raquelle's hand and caresses it softly. "I swear, I'm not going to do anything bad to you."

"No, no, honey, if something is not right, speak, don't be shy," Raquelle replies quietly. "I'll get it and try not to do that anymore."

"It's okay, sweetie, you aren't guilty of anything." Terrence caresses Raquelle's face softly with his hands and keeps holding it while confidently looking into her scared eyes. "The case is not about you."

Terrence glances at the closed door of the room and moves closer to Raquelle.

"I just don't want the servants to know what's going on," Terrence adds much quieter. "They know too much, and I don't want them to know something else."

"But what shouldn't they know?" Raquelle wonders, looking at Terrence with widely open eyes.

"The case is that I decided to go to a home with you for a reason."

"But why did you do it?" Raquelle frowns slightly. "As if something made you go to the shootings and take me away!"

"Yeah, but don't think I was really made. I did that for your safety."

"Oh, listen, Terrence, of course, it's madly nice to me that you decided to make a company for me," Raquelle smiles slightly. "But it's weird, you know... You... You never took me away from shootings..."

"As I said, I had the reason. I will show you something, so you understand me." Terrence reaches a table, which is placed near his bed on his side, and on which some things are placed, and takes a white envelope that he gives Raquelle. "Take a look..."

"Gosh, what's this?" Raquelle rounds her open eyes full of horror.

"Look, please," Terrence says quietly. "You should know what's written in it."

Raquelle looks at Terrence with mistrust for two seconds, but then takes the envelope from his hands and starts to look at it from all sides. But one second later, the girl opens it with a faster heartbeat, takes a piece of paper carefully wrapped several times, unwraps it, and starts to read what's written in it aloud.