8

The alarm goes off an Evie groans as she wakes up, instantly shutting off the blaring noise as her head pounds and body aches. But today is different.

Today she goes back to work.

And it gives her enough motivation to climb out of bed, popping a pain killer as she heads to the bathroom for a shower, where she washes her body and her short brown hair. She dries herself off an preps her hair and face for the day. Brushing her hair and teeth, then applying just a bit of mascara, for her brows are full and face is clear.

From the bathroom, Evie goes to her closet, opening the doors to pull out a uniform she hasn't worn in a long long time

Her flight suit.

She slips it over her body, zipping up the suit and lacing her boots, then stands up tall in front of a mirror as a smile overtakes her mouth. Being back in the green gives her such a big sense of joy, something she hasn't felt in ages. And when she goes into the kitchen for breakfast, she ignores the large handle of alcohol just calling her name. Instead, she opts for something healthy and clears her plate before heading out of the home, locking the door behind her and swinging a leg over her black bike with her sunglasses resting on the bridge of her nose. Her smile never leaves her face, she's far too excited. It stays there as she makes her way to base, actually happy to show her ID to the gate guard.

Evie parks her bike and walks onto the base, eyeing a ton of familiar faces before making her way to the hangar for class, seeing all the other graduates there as she waltzes in with a smirk. Some heads turn and some eyes widen, but of course the biggest surprise comes to the cockiest one in the class.

Hangman.

His smirk manages to leave his lips as he watches Evie walk up with a smile and a pair of sunglasses, now able to put the pieces of the puzzle together in his mind.

" Whiskey," He states, " Your call sign... it's Whiskey."

" Gee, it took you that long to figure it out?" Evie teases with a raise of her brow, then turns her head to greet another, " Sup, Phoenix."

" Sup," Phoenix nods.

Whiskey nods to the other pilot, then turns her head back to face the blonde.

" How does it feel?" She asks.

" How does what feel?" Hangman asks.

" To have met someone better than you?"

And with that, he scoffs.

" You think you're better than me?" He asks as he takes a step forward.

" No," Whiskey starts as she takes a step forward as well, " I know that I'm better than you," she smiles," jackass."

Hangman glares down at her, but all she gives him is a bright smile as she turns to take her seat, deciding to sit next to Phoenix and diagonally from Hangman.