SCENE TWELVE. did you see it too?

and the two girls hit reality, max still sat in the chair and piper still staring out he door. both girls turning to look at one another. standing up immediately. almost in sync.

"okay, you two are freaking me out." steve stated as he shined a light at piper which lit the hallway behind her. the darkness still seemed to creep around her.

"what the hell was that?" dustin cried looking between the two girls.

"i saw it. we sat it." max stated finally, breaking their silence.

"what did you see?"

"a clock." and both girls ran out the door, nancy and robin joining them. the two older girls watching as they ran past. dustin and steve running behind.

"it was here. i saw it. a grandfather clock." max mumbled standing before a dead ended corridor. the shadows of them casting onto the wall.

"it was so real." she cried as piper looked to the ground. remembering the water sloshing at her legs. the boney grip. the voice.

"when i got closer, piper jumped at me. she was there too. and then we woke up."

"it was like they were in trances or something. like what eddie said happened to chrissy."

"because it is." piper replied, it was the same thing. it was him. messing with their mind, luring them to him like a pig to slaughter. max leading them back back ms kelleys office. where the folders remain on the desk.

"fred and chrissy both cane to ms kelley for help. both were having headaches, that just wouldn't go away. then the nightmares, trouble sleeping . wake and and a cold sweat. then they'd start seeing things. bad things. from their past. a these visions. they just on getting worse abd worse until eventually everything ended."

"vecna's curse." robin muttered put, giving piper a look of sorrow. she liked piper. sure bot in the way steve like piper but in the way she still wanted to protect her. be there for a friends way. because that's what they were. friends. and her friend was in big trouble.

"chrissy a week ago. fred six days ago. i've been having them for five days."

"we're next." piper mumbled and all eyes turn to look at her. her eyes staring at her own folder of ms kelleys sessions that steve held closed in his hand. and all it took was one sorrowful look for him to open it. reading the notes taken by the women about piper. the rereading the horrors of the russia base, he read every word. he finally knew what happened in that room. he read as the notes explained things got better for a while during the summer, when she was with him. and how it got worse after. how she had always felt second to everyone in her life only to put down in that position with a boy still in love with his ex. he read about tommy. eyes flashing to the necklace hanging on her neck. how she examined this figure appearing in her dreams making them cold and dark. how there was some kind of connection. he reread those words, second choice.

"piper." steve mumbled looking up the her, eyes brimming with tears. he didn't know. nobody did.

"don't."

"i don't know how long i have, all I know is fred and chrissy died 24 hours after their first vision. and i just saw that goddammit clock."

"wait, no."

"that can't be right because i've had these for a while."

"was there ever a clock?"

"no."

"that one in your hall." steve spoke,

"what?"

"you have that grandfather clock in your hall. maybe it's linked." he stated one more time and she recalled his comment. the cherry blossom clock her mum had bought from the mall when they moved back. the clock the held a crack where her and steve were dancing and crashed into it.

"none of that matters right now though, because max is going to die tomorrow unless we do something about it. it must be different with me, maybe it's not the curse. maybe he's just spying through me." and as if timed a crash sounded disturbing through the school halls.

"stay here." he warned the group. as he walked towards the door. piper quick to follow after him. steve grabbed the light as some kind of weapon which would have made piper laugh in any other situation. the couple walked slowly to where the noise came from. the res if the geoup following slowly behind when something leaped out. steve and piper both screaming in fear. piper leaping forwards slamming her fist into the figures face not taking another chance until it screamed out a cry.

"it's me." the voice cried and the light revelation lucks who was now hiding a bleeding nose in his hands.

"lucas what the fuck!" piper screamed as she held her fist in her hand. feeling the sting of contact.

"what's wrong with you sinclair." steve shouted as he let the light clatter to the floor as max rushed to piper.

"we've got a code red." the boy gasped out, trying to catch his breath. hands on his knees as he heaved in breaths.

"dustin. i have been with jason, patrick and andy. they've gone like totally off the rails. they're trying to capture eddie and they think you know where he is. you're in terrible danger.

"that definitely sucks but we have bigger problems then jason right now." and lucks turned to look where dustin was looking. his results falling onto two girls. one cowering behind the other. max hidden behind piper.

"come on max, let's get you home." piper spoke wrapping her arm over her leading her away from teh group and back yo her car. and max finally snapped. falling into the girls arms crying. not even crying. pure sobbing. her heart wrenched.

why max? out of all of them? why her?