EIGHT

- CHAPTER 8 -

Friends.

Hogwarts, Fifth year.

"SO, YOURE TELLING ME that his wolf is in love with you Phoenyx?"

"His wolf is not the only one in love with her," Peter said with a snort.

"Oh shut up! that is not what i said," the girl replied with a blush spreading across her cheeks.

"Phoenyx, why didn't you tell me?" James Potter asked with a frown.

Ever since they were young, James and Phoenyx had been inseparable. Even though the boy was only older than her by a month, he still acted like a big brother towards her whenever it was necessary.

However, at the same time, he would also let her have the freedom to do whatever she wanted to. He didn't want to hold her back for anything, she deserved to be happy after everything she had been through.

"James, if i told you i hung out with a werewolf every full moon, would you have let me go?" Phoenyx replied with a frown.

No, he definitely would not have. Although things now are rather different, he still wouldn't have let herself be in danger like that so easily.

Of course, he was hurt that Phoenyx didn't tell him anything at all during the years but ultimately, he's glad that he was kept in the dark throughout it all.

He was glad that all these years, someone as loving and caring as Phoenyx had been by his brother's side, taking care of him during his most horrible days.

It made him happy to know that she was there for him, to take care of him, to remind him of his worth.

"Phoenyx? I'm sorry once more. Not for hurting you, well i am sorry about that too but i'm really sorry for being such an arse to you all this time," Sirius said with a frown.

Phoenyx looked over at him and smiled. She knew that the boy had no ill intentions, he was only looking out for his best friend. Over the years, she always told herself that when the time would come, when Sirius would apologise, she would whole heartedly let the past fade away.

"Its okay Sirius, i don't have any bad feelings towards you at all! Friends?" she asked with a hand raised towards him.

"Friends," he replied while shaking her hand and pulling her in for a hug.

The rest of the Marauders watched this interaction with a smile. Thank Merlins they were okay.

It had only taken them what, 5 years to make this possible? But all in all, it was definitely worth it.

Suddenly, they heard a screeching voice come from the doors of the hospital wing.

"Out! All of you, out I say!" shouted the matron, Madam Pomfrey.

With hurried smiles and waves, the three boys disappeared from the hospital wing and headed towards their classes for the day.

Madam Pomfrey allowed Remus to stay since, well, he had quite a few scars of his own.

"I'm sorry Nyx," the boy said once more.

"What are you sorry for Remus? It wasn't your fault," she replied.

"I'm just sorry for it all. You always take care of me, always. And i cant even do that in return. If it wasn't for my lycanthropy, you wouldn't be hurt right now. If i hadn't come to your forest that day, nothing would've happened."

Phoenyx looked at him and frowned. No matter how many times the girl would console him, he'd still become self conscious and start talking about how she was better off without him.

"Remus, I've said it before and i'll say it again, im still grateful that i met you that day. You're one of the most amazing people i've ever met. I mean, cmon, you even fold your socks!" she said with a smile.

To Remus, hearing those words of affirmation was exactly what he needed. No matter how many people he heard it from, only the ones coming from the girls mouth would ever have an impact on him.

To Remus, it was only Phoenyx who'd have such an affect on his emotions. Making him happy when she was happy, making him sad when she was sad.

It was all very confusing to the boy since Phoenyx was his very first friend.

His very first love.