040

It had been just over a week since John has won the court case, and for wilbur, It had been one of the worst weeks of his life, he was miserable.

his life felt so empty without charlie, like a massive part of him was missing, he couldn't even bring himself to move anything that belonged to her, he had slept with billy the stuffed bear every night without fail, which he would never admit to anyone willingly.

he found himself sitting at his desk in attempts to stream everyday, which never actually happened  on account of the crayons and toys that sat behind his setup on the floor, it was where charlie would sit after sneaking into the room whilst he streamed. he remembered the first time she had done that.

"WILBURR, MY MANN!" Tommy screamed through discord, prompting wilbur to turn his sound down with a grimace, "what do you want tommy" wilbur asked calmly, continuing to play geoguessr on his own stream.

"i'm offended that you think i want something" tommy complained, wilbur had tommy's stream already open and could see the role of his eyes. but before wilbur could respond there was a light knock at his door, thankfully his chat didn't hear, "ill be back in a second chat, i think i just got a delivery" wilbur told everyone, attempting to hide his nerves, he hoped nothing bad had happened.

wilbur put on his starting soon screen and made sure he was muted on everything before going to open the door, looking down and seeing a very nervous looking charlie, "are you okay, are you hurt?" will fussed, holding her shoulders as he spun her around manically, trying to find anything that would indicate the possibility of her being hurt in any way.

"i-im okay, b-but can i s-stay in here with y-you, p-p-please" she stuttered, throughout the month she had stayed with wilbur, her stuttering  hadn't quite gone away yet, he wasn't entirely sure how to help her with it.

"uhm, yeah of course" he said to her, picking her up from the floor, "but we are gonna play a game okay" he suggested, having a plan to keep the little girl silent.

"whenever anybody i know comes into this room i like to make them play a little game, it's called the quiet game, and we are going to see how long you can not make any noise for, okay" he grinned down at her, charlie nodded her head immediately with a smile, she loved games.

and surprisingly it worked, albeit charlie was already quite a silent child in general, wilbur had streamed for over an hour and nobody had noticed anyone in the room, which wilbur took as a win, ending stream and congratulating charlie who still refused to speak, really wanting to win the game.

Wilbur loved that memory, charlie hadn't spoken to him for hours, she was a very competitive child, she only ended up speaking after her nap when she had forgotten they were even playing a game in the first place.

that was a fond memory for wilbur, he truly hoped that he'd never forget it, there were alot of memories he hoped to never forget, wilbur was kicking himself for not taking more photos of her to make a photo album, but he was enjoying the moments with her, he hadn't thought about his phone of the internet, in those moments all he cared about was charlie.

but now she was gone and he couldn't do anything about it, he'd just have to forget about her, he had to realise that this was a part of his life that wouldn't be coming back.

none of his friends knew the result of the court case, but they could guess what had happened as wilbur hadn't been answering any of their calls or messages. he had debated streaming, it was something he hadn't done in ages, being busy with charlie and the court case, he had the time now, he could announce what had happened to charlie and go on with his life. 

but he felt so empty and he could never bring himself to click the go live button, it was too hard, he just wasn't ready for that.

wilbur had been drinking alot, maybe too much, he couldn't really remember anything he had been doing all week after 7pm, which to anybody else would be either impressive or concerning, maybe both. but to wilbur he truly didn't care anymore, he felt so sad and empty all the time and without charlie there he felt no need to take care of himself.

it was only a few days before all of his british friends would be getting back from america and he had no doubt in his mind that they would stop by at his before going to their own houses.

he hoped that 'the children' actually went home instead of coming over to his, he truly didnt want them to see him like this, he didn't really care about george and jack, they were adults, they could handle themselves, they could move on from it, but he knew that if tubbo, tommy and ranboo (who was going to stay at tubbo's house), saw him in his state, they'd remember it forever and he did not want to be vulnerable in front of them,

he was supposed to be the cool older brother who was wise and could give them advice on anything, the guy who never had problems and was perfectly fine all of the time, wilbur wanted it to stay that way.

he just wanted to be okay again, but he knew the only way that would happen was if charlie was safe and sound with him, and he knew that wasn't happening any time soon, so for now he was living off of alcohol and aspirin.

[Again, please follow me for more books like this, it means alot<33]

[also no, this book is not complete yet]