#27 (FINAL)

You fluttered your eyes open. You saw an unfamiliar ceiling. Looking around, you found Taehyung sitting beside you while holding your hand. You were lying in the bed and several pipes were attached to your veins.

You tried to sit straight which caught Taehyung's attention. He immediately helped you sit.

"Why am I here? What about Eun Sang Unnie?" You asked him.

"You collapsed. Noona has gained consciousness." He told placing a peck on your hand.

"I collapsed? Why?" You asked him with a pout dancing on your lips.

"You perhaps got anxious after looking at Noona. Reports might be coming any minute, we'll find out the reason soon. Don't worry." He smiled and you shrugged off your shoulders.

Your head was still throbbing and you felt extremely weak for a certain reason. Shrugging all the thoughts, you closed your eyes and rested your head inside your palms.

You zoned out but came back to reality when a lady doctor along with a nurse entered your room. The lady doctor gave you a quite sad smile.

"Her reports are out? Is she fine? She just had a panic attack, right?" Taehyung bombarded the doctor with questions. She sighed and signaled the nurse to leave.

"See, what I'm going to tell you will be shocking to you. But, you need to know the truth. Mrs. Y/n was 2 weeks pregnant. But, she probably had a lot of stress and lack of rest. On top of the cherry, news about her sister's accident added to her worries. She had a miscarriage. I'm so sorry for you two. Please take care. You're still weak and need proper rest for at least a month." The doctor told everything and patted your hand softly. With that, she left immediately to give the two of you some private space.

You sat there blankly which caught Taehyung's attention. He shook your hands slightly but you didn't budge. He stood up and turned your face in his direction. You blinked multiple times and the cascade of tears followed.

"Taehyung, I'm sorry. I lost our baby." You sobbed loudly hugging him like the end of the world was nearing.

"Y/n, calm down. It's not your fault, okay? Please don't cry." He patted your back and a few tears left his eyes too.

"I didn't even know I was pregnant. I wish I had known! I could've saved our baby. I'm sorry Taehyung. I'm so sorry." Your tears never stopped.

"I'm sorry too Y/n. I should've taken care of you. I should've paid attention to your mental health." He also broke down by the end of his sentence.

Two of you continued to sob in each other's embrace. Miscarriage was a horrible thing that shattered two hearts. It was pathetic.

TIME SKIP

It's been 6 months since you had a miscarriage. For many women, having a miscarriage won't be a big deal. But you were one of those fistful women who was exceptionally sensitive and for real, it had adverse effects on you.

You don't work anymore. You're just a housewife now. Your interaction with Taehyung is minimal. Both of you grew distant after the incident and none of you even dared to talk it out. Maybe, both of you needed your own space to heal. Maybe, having a baby was a very special thing to you and it still is, perhaps.

"You ate something?" You asked Taehyung as he entered the bedroom after a long day of work.

"No. Will you please make me something?" He asked politely while walking into the washroom.

"Sure, the food's all ready. I'll heat it. See ya downstairs." You smiled and headed to the kitchen.

Quickly heating up the food, you placed it on the dining table. You heard footsteps approaching you.