Part sixteen

A/N: FLUFF

Dan P.O.V. 

I was dozing off on the sofa alone when a loud clap of thunder shook through the apartment followed by a scream. I bolted and sat up straight, suddenly wide awake. 

"Phil?!" I called out and ran to his room where he was on his side and curled up in a ball on his bed. I lay on the bed next to him and opened my arms. "Phil, come here," he leaped into my hug and I started singing to him softly. I wasn't the best singer, but I could be worse and I knew he always liked it when I did. 

There was another rumble of thunder and Phil flinched and buried his head in my shoulder. I pulled him closer to me and kissed him on the forehead. Playing with his hair, I felt his breathing on my chest begin to get back to normal. 

I knew I needed to distract him but I wasn't sure how. A thought entered my mind and I jumped. 

"I know!" 

"Wha-?" Phil looked at me confused and I ran to get my iPod and docked it on Phil's speakers, turning it up a bit to try and quieten the sound of thunder. 

"Phil. Are you ready?" I winked.

"Ready for what?" I didn't respond and only flashed a smile and pressed play on the selected song. His eyebrows furrowed for a moment then his eyes widened and he smiled. 

"Dan!" He laughed and I lay back down next to him interlocking our fingers and grinning as Phil started to sing along. 

I wanna be the very best
Like no one ever was

To catch them is my real test
To train them is my cause

I will travel across the land
Searching far and wide

Each Pokemon to understand
The power that's inside

"POKEMON! GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!" We cried at the top of lungs. "I KNOW IT'S MY DESTINY! POKEMON! OH, YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND, IN A WORLD WE MUST DEFEND. POKEMON! GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL! A HEART SO TRUE, OUR COURAGE WILL PULL US THROUGH. YOU TEACH ME AND I'LL TEACH YOU, POKEMON!" We fell into hysterical laughter, forgetting about the storm outside. 

We carried on singing until the song ended and laughed again. I loved moments like these where we could just be ourselves and not have to impress anyone. 

Phil turned onto his side so he was facing me and I did the same, glad to see that any traces of fear had left his face. 

"Dan, you're the best boyfriend ever," I couldn't help but smile at his comment and leaned in and kissed him. 

"I love you," Phil's cheeks turned a shade of pink and he giggled, his tongue sticking out to the side a little. 

"I love you too," he mumbled. The music from the next song suddenly cut off and all the lights turned off. "Oh, we must have a power cut from the storm... Do you want to play Mario Kart?" 

"Phil, we don't have any electricity." 

"I know, I meant playing on the DS." 

"Oh okay, sure." 

"Stay here, I'll get them," he left and I heard shuffling in the lounge. "Dan! Where's your DS?" 

"In my room, I think," I got up and slowly shuffled out the room and into my own. I felt something brush against leg and I screamed and in an attempt to get away, slipped and fell to the floor and I sat up and curled into a ball trying to steady my hyperventilating.

Phil. I needed Phil.

"Dan?!" I heard footsteps and then strong arms around me as Phil tried to stand me up. I regained my balance and started to sob into his chest. "Shh... Shh... It's okay, I'm here, nothing's going to hurt you," his comforting skills soothed me a little but I didn't risk letting go. 

"I really need to get over my stupid fear," I muttered. 

"I think it's cute." 

"What if you're not always there to comfort me though?" 

"I'll never leave you Dan, I promise," he kissed me on the forehead and for once, with feeling safe and secure from his embrace, I believed him. 

* * * 

Fifteen minutes later, we were both engrossed into our games; the room was filled with furious sounds of clicking buttons and random outbursts of swearing by me. 

"Do you know what would make this more fun?" Phil said without glancing up from his screen. 

"What?" 

"If we put the duvets over our heads," I smiled and paused my game, loving the idea. 

Once it was over us and we were sitting cross-legged underneath, I felt a lot more closer to Phil. It was like we were in our own little private world where nothing could hurt us. 

"Can I sit in between your legs?" I asked him curiously. 

"No." 

"Why not?" I frowned. 

"Because you get violent when you play Mario Kart," he laughed and I pouted and turned my DS off. 

"I'm not playing it anymore, now can I?" 

"Go on then," I grinned at my success and planted myself in front of Phil so I could lean back on his chest as he leaned back on the headboard of the bed. He put his arms around me and put his face next to mine so he could continue playing. 

A smiled crept up to my lips as I remembered a cheesy lyric that seemed to fit with us. 

"Phil?" 

"Yeah?" 

"You're the straw to my berry."