🌹 ~ Nanon ~ 🌹

"I don't understand why my son is making me this miserable." My boss said shaking his head and crying. He was holding a photo on his hand.

"Sir..." I walked to him and gave him a glass of water. "Please calm down. Please tell me if  I can help in any way." I said taking a seat in front of him. I waited patiently for him to calm down and talk. I am his secretary and have been working for him for almost a year now. After I left my university, I applied for the first interview and got hired immediately. And my boss has always been like a father figure to me.

"Do you know someone who is gay?" He asked after a while.

"Wha..."

"Don't get me wrong. My son..." He hesitated for a few seconds while I stared at him shocked. "He seemed to like a guy before. And he got rejected. But then he was in an accident. He had to take psychiatrist's help to calm down. But after therapy he is not himself. I tried to set up his wedding with many girls. But he straight away rejected them. If he is into guys, I am fine with it too. But I am looking for someone who can take away his loneliness. I am sure if he finds someone who can accept him the way he is; he will be able to be himself again."

Sir finished his speech while looking at the photo in his hand and then he kept it flat on the table to wipe his tears. That's when I saw his face clearly after an year.

.

"Hey Romeo... Again here to buy roses?" Ning asked winking at me.

"Yeah... 5 roses as usual." I smiled and took out the money.

"Why don't you tell him how you feel?" she asked puzzled.

"I am scared... He doesn't even look at me. If he will dislike the idea of me liking him... I don't want him to hate me." I said pressing my lips.

She shook her head smiling at my stupidity and I walked away with my flowers back to my hostel.

As a daily routine, I went there exactly at 8 AM and kept it in front of his room and before he could come out, I ran away downstairs to my floor.

"Hey Nanon." First called me when I reached my room door.

"Hey. Good morning."

"Good morning dude. Sorry I kept your jacket for so long. It's been four months right?" he said returning me my jacket which he had accidentally torned."

"Then let me return your jacket to you." I said smiling.

"Thanks. Mine is a named jacket. Otherwise we could have kept using each other's."

"No problem. I am anyway tired of answering everyone why I am wearing a jacket with FIRST written behind." We chuckled and exchanged jackets.

I went back into my room and changed got ready to go to class smiling at the fact that he will again carry a rose in his bag.

Shall I tell him upfront?

But I get so shy just thinking about it.

Shit, I like him so much.

I blushed hiding my face into my pillow.

.

"Hey Nanon, did you hear that?"

"What?"

"Our classmate... that volleyball player Ohm?"

"What about him?"

"He confessed his feelings to our class rep First and got rejected."

"..."

"Have heard he got into some accident resulting in phone booth thrashing. He is safe though."

"..."

"Nanon... Hey where are you going?"

"I... I got a call from mom earlier. She is unwell. I will have to go to my hometown."

.

"I DON'T LIKE YOU!" he yelled after our small engagement ceremony. It was his parents and my parents and his sister in the ceremony.

Earlier, I was elated to know he agreed for engagement. I thought I got a second chance at my first love.

Then why is he like this?

I am so hurt that my tears are about to ditch me.

"Then... Why did you agree for this engagement?"

"BECAUSE YOU GAVE ME NO CHOICE!" He yelled again.

A tear slipped from my eyes.

He closed his eyes and massaged his temples.

"Listen. Let's just pretend to be happy for everybody's sake. And when we are alone, let's not bother each other."

He stormed out without even listening to me.

I can't pretend to be happy Ohm. I am happy. Even if you don't like me. I am just happy looking at the ring in my hand. The ring that you wore on me.

I smiled wiping off my tears.

*** Vote | Comment | Follow - For more such content