Chapter thirty-two

Start from the beginning

I shook my head, "you need new sources then."
Only seconds passed by, before his hand was gripping a big fist of my hair, his smile had faltered and he was showing his real emotions, disgust and anger.
"Don't play sassy with me sweetheart, I'll lock that pretty mouth of yours shut" I didn't care if he killed me, but I'd rather not be tortured before it happened.

"What are you to Xander if not his girlfriend? I've never seen my brother holding a woman like that before, unless he was fucking her while doing it, so please, do tell" A disgusted expression rose on my face at how he chose to word himself.
The silence only made him tighten his fist around my hair, "I'm his doctor!" I finally spoke.

He let go of my face, as confusion took over "His doctor?" He repeated.
I looked away, "yes."
He started circling me, as if he was a shark and I was his main prey.
"Why would Xander hire someone that hasn't even graduated to be his doctor?"
"Maybe you should ask him" I said, waiting on another slap but instead he just chuckled.

"I will, when he comes to save his little girlfriend, or doctor, whatever the fuck you are" My eyes darted up, was he really using me as bait?
I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my lips, he looked at me with a mix of confusion and annoyance.

"You think that Xander is going to come here to save me? Really?" I shook my head, "your sources should've told you that the last thing I did before leaving the club was slapping him and telling him that he didn't deserve to be loved. He's probably happy I disappeared out of his way."

The second these words escaped my mouth when I was with Xander, I regretted it.
I hated the way I could say something like that, something I knew hurt him, but I let myself slip to the feeling of anger and betrayal, and there was no way to take these words back now.

"Well, at least you were right about one thing" Lorenzo spoke, "he really doesn't deserve to be loved."
I was shocked about how someone could speak like that about their own flesh and blood. They were brothers, how could he even say that?

"What has caused you to hate your own brother like that?" I asked, making conversation with the devil.

Lorenzo didn't hesitate to answer my question, as if he loved nothing more than to tell the story about them.
"My brother is nothing less than a selfish, power thirsty piece of trash" He stopped, "he's three years younger than me, but so proudly claimed a spot that was supposed to be mine" It was like flames had erupted in his eyes just talking about Xander and the reason for his hate.
"What?" I asked in confusion, his words were vague and told me nothing.
"I'm the one who's supposed to be the fucking head of the Romero family, not that coward."

It all made sense now, the hate he had placed towards his brother was made out of pure jealousy.
"Little Xander grew up to be mommy and daddys favorite child" Lorenzo continued, looking at the wall as if he was remembering, "little Xander was the most perfect thing ever, there was nothing he could do wrong, he was so perfect that he had the right to claim a spot that was set for the oldest child. He didn't even fucking want the spot, he couldn't even fucking shoot a rabbit without being threatened into it" He was still facing the wall.

Silence.

"So, you hate him because he was your mom and dad's favorite and not you?" I said, stating the obvious, his head swung to the side as he faced me instead of the wall.
I was getting on his nerves and it was clear, but then a smile pulled on his lips.

"You wouldn't understand, you are an orphan after all"
Wow, that was a low hit. I guess it really was easy to find out who I was. An orphan.

I met his dark eyes again, "I'd rather be an orphan than to be a child of parents that raised cold blooded killers that care about nothing else than power, money and their selves."
He was taken back by my comment, but then he answered, "me too, that's why I'm an orphan too, and I made sure Xander would be one too."