Ch.38 Powers That Be

Start from the beginning

"I just came to give you this. She smiles handing me a small box. Finally giving me our family ring. "Thank you mom" I hugged her. "So have you decided on when you're going to ask her?" she asked. "Well I was going to ask her to-" 

Izzy barged in "Ask who what?" looking at me curiously. "Oh um I was going to as-" She gasped loudly. "OH MY GOD IS THAT A RING? Hold on... You're going to ask Aria to marry you!!" Izzy screamed figuring it out. "Calm down Isabelle" Mother says shaking her head. I sighed. Well that my sister for you. "Clam down? how can I calm down?? This is great Alec! When are you going to ask her?" She looks at me like a puppy. "Tonight, after the ceremony" I say. "Ah now i see why you've cleaned up well" Izzy chuckles. 

"wait does Jace know and what about her grandmother?" Izzy question

"wait does Jace know and what about her grandmother?" Izzy question. "They know! so yeah tonight." I say nervously taking a breath. "Jace knew before me? Alec I'm your sister!" she whined. "Really that what you got out of this?" I roll my eyes. "Just kidding Alec. I'm so happy for you!" She teases. "Okay Isabelle let him be. poor thing is nervous." mother says. she turn to me. "I know she'll say yes. Don't over think." She says fixing my tie. 

They leave and I head over to Aria's room to go pick her up. "Aria? Can I come in?" I ask knocking on her door. "Come in!" she replies. I walk in but I come to a stop as I see Aria. "Ria by the angel you look gorgeous." I say captivated by her beauty. "You clean up well yourself Mr. Lightwood" She chuckles walking over placing a kiss over my lips leaving my mind to wander. "Let me put on my shoes then we can go" She says picking a pair of heels.

Aria's POV 

Once I was ready, me and Alec walk out hand in hand to the ceremony. Strange was no where in sight. Maybe he's just late?

Clary walked down the isle. Happy and nervous. Making eye contact I gave her a reassuring smile. She recited the vows with confidence as the silent brother marked her the the angel rune officially making her a Shadowhunter. 

Alec put his arm around my waist as I watch grandma walk up to her, praising her for her heroism. "This angelic rune is well deserved. You are no longer a Shadowhunter in training. You have defeated our greatest enemy. You stopped Valentine from evil wishes being granted. Clarissa Fairchild had shown what heroism really is and maybe this be an example to all Shadowhunter across the world. Congratulations!" announcing loudly for the fellow Shadowhunters to hear.

 Congratulations!" announcing loudly for the fellow Shadowhunters to hear

We all cheered, clapping for her. The after party started immediately after the ceremony finished. Drink were served and everyone started dancing to the music. Clary walked back to where we stood. She hugged me, catching me off guard. "I see how it is" Izzy joked with a 'you forgot about me' look. "If you hadn't saved my life I wouldn't be here. Heroism is just a word. It was you sacrifice that made this possible Aria." She said. "Be proud of what you've done Clary. I am. We all are." I say smiling softly. Izzy wanting her turn hugged and congratulated her. 

"How does it feel?" Alec asked her. "It hurt. Just kidding. Just a little embarrassed and overwhelmed by all these people" She say honestly. "You did well don't worry" I say. "Yeah exactly!" Izzy agreed with me. "Well I need to find mom. I'll catch you later" Izzy excused herself disappearing into the crowd. 

Alec turned to Clary, with a serious look on his face. "Clary I do have to ask you. What exactly happened at Lake Lyn?" he asked. Staring at him, Clary didn't know what to say or how to say. She looks at me. I didn't know how to go about this either but I understood. Jace made her promise she won't tell. "I already told you" She tried to convince him but Alec wasn't having it. "Clary I felt our bond break. That doesn't happen out of no where" He pressed. "Alec, easy there. We can talk about this tomorrow. Lets celebrate our victory for now okay. I promise we figure it out" I say softly. He sighed. "Okay fine. But this conversation isn't over" He mumbles. 

I knew Clary was dreading this conversation. Frankly so am I. But I can't lie to Alec. I have to tell him. I'd rather he hear it from me. 

After all I was the one who asked her to save Jace. 

[A/N: Hopefully you liked this chapter. I know it's a bit short. Imogen is happy tp see Aria but warns her to keep her guard up. Maryse give Alec the Lightwood ring. A celebratory event for the end of Valentine. Clary becomes an official Shadowhunter. Coming next, Alec pops the question. Jace starts acting strange. So please look forward to it & Thank you for your patience! x M]