Chapter 14

The silence spoke volumes. Vegas saw Kinn having a whole crisis because of this. Kinn just gave up at the end, so he spoke up:

-How'd you know...

-I wasn't born yesterday. Besides... There is no way you could've known about the bomb that even I forgot about.

-... I also had my doubts. But seeing how you were trying to get closer to Pete... Now I know for sure...

-And?

-Nothing. I just thought that you'd use this opportunity to bring me down. Every time I thought you were going to do "something" you just... didn't do anything. It was very weird for me.

-You really thought I'd use my second chance to get to you?

-Yes.

Vegas smirked:

-I mean, you are right. That's what I would do if it wasn't for Pete.

-...how in the world did you and Pete even manage to get together? Even the first time when he resigned from the Main Family... it didn't sit right with me that it was because of you...

-He resigned?

Vegas had no idea Pete resigned. Part of his mind kept telling him that Pete ran after him that night purely out of pity cuz of what happened to his father. But seeing as Kinn was conflicted about Pete leaving the Main Family, opened Vegas's eyes.

Pete didn't run after him out of pity. He genuinely chose to be with Vegas, meaning everything he said that night wasn't only to stop Vegas from killing himself...

-Yes. He also didn't leave the hospital till he made sure you made it. I remember Macau running towards Pete asking what happened to his brother. It was the first time I ever saw him crying. Luckily Pete was always there for him. Basically taking care of Macau while you were unconscious.

-How long was I unconscious for?

-A month.

-And how did I even survive..?

-After you got shot, Pete did everything in his power to stop you from bleeding out. He was screaming for help, so some of our bodyguards heard him. They ran out and called an ambulance. The doctors later revealed that if he didn't hold your wounds, you would've died before the ambulance would make it there.

-And how the hell did you get here anyway?

-What do you mean?

-Well... I was shot. Thinking I died I woke up in my room. How did that happen to you?

-You mean how I went back in time as well?

-Yeah.

-I have no idea. The last thing I remember is Porsche telling me that he talked to Pete and that you were doing fine in the hospital. Then both of us fell asleep. As soon as I woke up alone I went around the house searching for Porsche but everyone was acting weird. As if it was the first time they ever heard of his name. I checked the calendar and that's when it hit me.

-Sucks to be you then.

-Why is that?

-Well... Weren't you and Porsche happy and stuff? Making him fall for you all over again after everything you guys have been through...

-You really think I don't have anything I regretted doing to Porsche the first time we got together?

-I don't know. Do you?

-Yes. Actually there are bunch of things I regret doing to him. Second chance being given was like a dream come true. Now I didn't end up doing things that I regretted before.