Chapter 1

"Excuse me. But that's my spot." You cleared your throat. You looked at Loki expectantly. Willing him to move away with just the deep stare of your eyes. You only got up mere seconds ago to use the bathroom. Your Kindle still lying on the armrest where you left it.

Loki just continued to read his book. Even so much as having the audacity to turn the page. "I quite like this spot. I can see why you center yourself here every time you come out." He said as he crossed his legs. His right ankle over his left knee. Indicating to you that he will not move. Not even with you shooting daggers at his head.

"The seat is relatively close to the window, giving you ample sunlight to read but far enough that you don't get hot from its rays. The angle makes it so you could see out to the foyer of the elevator and the lab, allowing you to gather who's around you at all times. And the location itself is reasonably close to the kitchen, allowing you access to sustenance if need be." Loki proceeded to point out to you. "I don't know whether to applaud you on the fortunate happenstance that you have found or whether you are as calculating and cunning as I'd like to imagine you are." He said finally looking up at you with a sly smirk.

You narrowed your eyes and took a deep breath as you snatched your Kindle from the armrest. "Fine. That's fine." You settled slightly aggrieved. "I'll just...sit here instead." You gritted as you sat down on the opposite end of the couch. Loki looked back down at his book, trying to hide his slight chuckle.

You started your Kindle and glided over the hot leather of the couch. It singed where your skin had made contact with the sun-exposed leather. The sun beat down ferociously on your neck, making you uncomfortable in the heat. A refreshing glass of iced tea should fix this. But you were already settled on the couch and you would have to maneuver your way through the entire room and past the other furniture to get to the kitchen itself. It might make you sound lazy. Sure, but you're a creature of comfort. You decided that it wasn't worth it.

Annoyed, you continued to read on your Kindle. But every time there was a rustle of sound or the bell of the lift, your attention was stolen. It irked you that you couldn't just look up quickly to see who came in and out of the doorways. You felt so cut off. So annoyed. So very hot.

You stood up with a growl and gave up. With one final murderous look to Loki, you stomped back into your room.

Seven minutes and fifty-two seconds. She lasted longer than I thought. He thought to himself as he turned the page.

The next day, you were relieved to find your favorite reading spot available. Looking around, you couldn't see the trickster in sight. You happily sunk into the cool leather, tucked your feet under yourself, and fired up your Kindle. You were smart to get yourself a drink before you sat down. You happily sipped on the cup savoring the ease and relaxation you sought out yesterday but were denied.

Thinking about it made you huff. "I don't know whether to applaud you on the fortunate happenstance that you have found or whether you are as calculating and cunning as I'd like to imagine you are."

Wait.

Does he think about me? A sultry heat traveled throughout your body, making your insides flutter. He couldn't. Not in that way. He meant it as a passing comment on how clever I could be. Not that he imagines or thinks about me in any way. You rolled your eyes at yourself, chuckling. You were so lost in thought that you didn't hear Loki shuffle in as he sat next to you on the sofa.

You were taken aback as he proceeded to lie down with his head on your lap. He crossed his legs and started to read his book.

"Excuse me." You said with a slight bristle. Loki looked up at you with his blue-green eyes, glistening with playfulness. His smile grew from ear to ear.