Chapter 21

Nash's POV

Our flight had taken off less than an hour ago. These were going to be the longest 17 hours of my life. Valentine refuses to take the test on the plane, and is making me wait until we land. She's making me wait 17 hours to know if I'm going to be a father or not. I was going insane.

"Nash, calm down" Valentine said, pressing he hand down on my leg to keep it from anxiously shaking.

"What? Oh, sorry" I said, loosening my leg. "I'm just-"

"I know" She nodded. "Remember what you asked me, on the plane to Australia?"

"Of course" I nodded, sitting up straight. "What about it?"

"So I've thought about it a lot, and I do want to marry you, Nash. Wether or not I'm pregnant, I still want to marry you" Valentine said, biting down on her lip the way she always does.

A grin rose to my lips. "I couldn't agree more. But you know I'm gonna give you an actual proposal right?"

"No, that proposal was perfect" She assured me.

"Are you sure?"

"One hundred percent. We'll tell everyone when we tell them if I'm pregnant" Valentine suggested, and I nodded. Damnit. This plane ride just got a hell of a lot longer. "Try to sleep, Nash. It's a long flight" Oh don't I know it.

Valentine had soon fallen asleep, curled up in her usual fetus position.

"Ironic, right?" A voice said, kneeling beside me. "Curled up just like a baby"

I didn't laugh at the joke, it wasn't even that funny. That, and I was still pissed at him. "Come on, Nash. It was a stupid thing to ask, I was just making sure. You can't blame me for trying to get some reassurance"

"Whatever, Carter" I shrugged.

"Come on, dude. You'd do the same"

"I wouldn't have fallen asleep naked with your girlfriend, but sure" I said, rolling my eyes.

"Grier, come on. You seriously can't be that pissed"

"I'd be a little less pissed if you'd just drop the subject" I grumbled

"Consider the subject dropped. So I uh... Might've overheard your conversation... You really think she's the one?"

"I know she is" I nodded "The funny thing is, I can't explain how. We constantly fight, there are so many things about her I wouldn't mind changing, but I still..."

"I think I get it. Well, congrats then" Carter said, nudging me with his usual smirk.

The plane landed and we all headed back to the Magcon House, not before Valentine spent a deep ten minutes in the 'female' section of the pharmacy, buying not one, not two, but five different pregnancy tests.

"Okay. So I took five different tests, and I haven't looked at any of them yet. A plus sign means I'm pregnant, minus means I am not" Valentine explained, setting them all down on the table, and slipping her hand into mine. Everyone sat across from us, waiting. If it had been up to me, I would've done this in private, but Valentine (and Alex) insisted on doing it with everyone.

"Here goes..." She muttered, and looked down at the sticks. Negative.

Her hand loosened in mine.

"Babe..."

"Guess not..." She said, running her hand through her hair. "Uh... Okay, then. Well... On another note... uh... Nash and I are getting married. And uh... I just... Okay..." Valentine dashed out of the living room and I followed behind.

"You wanted a baby, didn't you? That's why you were so calm, so accepted with the fact that the test might've come back positive" I said, kneeling down beside her while she sat on the bed. "We can try, you know. We won't use a condom, you can stop taking the pill. I would love to have a child with you, Valentine. If that is what you want, I will do anything to get it"

"It's not that it's... I... I got exited"

"Well, when it happens it'll happen"

Valentine held me in her warm embrace. "So... We're getting married!" She giggled

"We are" I nodded, joining in laughter.

"And it's going to be the wedding of the decade, if not century. I'll show those Kardashians how to throw and actual wedding"

"Wouldn't expect anything less from you" I laughed. "So? Winter, spring, summer or fall?"

"Spring, obviously. Gorgeous illuminated reception, and cherry blossom trees everywhere. White aisle leading to the altar the blossom tree's branches will form over us"

"Tree altar?"

"Yeah, it'll be so amazing. With a soft breeze and-"

"There are no breezes inside..." I said, confused

"Yeah... Hence the garden part of garden wedding" She explained

"We're getting married in a church" I said, in a definitive tone

"Uh... No. You can bring your priest but it'll be outside, in this amazing garden venue I know" She argued, also being definitive

"We're getting married in a church, by a priest, the scripture verse from Corinthians 13:4-13 and there'll be a choir that sings Bless be the God and the Father"

"Oh so you've been planning this wedding since you were just a little boy?"

"No. I'm just... It's traditional. I'm catholic and I will have a catholic wedding"

"Oh okay, so let's get this straight. You're a high holy catholic who clearly isn't celibate, you display gluttony without a care and has more than once given in to your lustrous desires. Of course, that makes perfect sense, Nash"

"I confessed those sins" I argued

"So? I am not catholic, I have no intentions whatsoever to get married in a church nor raise my kids in the religion"

"Your kids? You mean our kids" I said, crossing my arms

"Our kids will not be raised catholically"

"Yes. They will. I was raised catholically, and look how successful I've become"

"And what? I haven't?"

"No, that's not what I meant. I'm just saying, I am a well established actor and businessman and you're a lingerie model"

She scoffed, crossing her arms as she stepped towards me. "You never seemed to mind my job before"

"I- I don't. I just... Uh-"

"Well, mister catholic, why don't you go to church and lament your sins. But don't worry about celibacy, I've got that covered for you" She said, and under her angry scowl was an even angrier smirk.

"Valentine, come on. Don't be irrational" I said, trying to wrap my arms around her waist. She stepped away from me.

"Don't you dare call me irrational. You would've thought about that before crapping all over my career" She snapped. "If you need some pleasure, go to church"