"I love this dress on you, I do Liv," she clarifies. "But don't you want to browse through some other color options?" She asks slowly hoping to not get a negative reaction from me.

I shrug. "I like black," I reply.

"If you're sure about it, that's what we'll get," she nods firmly, but I can read the judgment in her eyes. She never approved of black being the color of choice for someone my age...or so she claimed.

With that being said Mercy and I head back to the changing rooms. "Do you think black isn't a color for Homecoming?" I finally voice my newfound insecurity to Mercy in confidence.

"Black is classy, suites every and all occasions," she assures me without a second thought, and I nod. With that matter put to rest, we find ourselves out of the store within minutes holding bags containing our dresses and matching accessories that our mothers picked.

We part ways with Mercy and her mum at the parking structure and head to our car. "Liv, honey there is an unexpected opening for the viewing of a venue that we are considering for the wedding," mum informs me as soon as we enter the car and she puts her phone down.

"Is it okay if I drop you off at the mansion? There might not be an opening for months to come if we miss this," she asks now giving her full attention to me. I shrug.

"I could drop you home, but the mansion is closer and we have to be there by three," she stresses, briefly glancing at her watch in haste.

"It's fine mum," I assure her. 'At least she's being nice about it'

"Thank you, honey," she smiles gratefully before starting the car and heading towards the mansion.

Had it been a few weeks ago and I would have dreaded the thought of going there, now I actually look forward to having more than just me in the house.

The guys might probably be busy with work though, I'll just have to stay in my room and unpack the boxes we move to the mansion on the weekend.

It takes about a good twenty minutes at maximum speed within the speed limit for us to pull up in front of the mansion. I find Ryan waiting on us at the front gate who is quick to take my spot in the passenger seat of the car as soon as I step out wordlessly. They soon drive off and I make my past the guards who politely nod at me and I return the gesture.

I'm let into the mansion by the housekeeper, greeting me with a courteous smile. "Would you like for me to prepare anything for you, Ms. Hart? A refreshing glass of lemonade perhaps?" She inquires, but I politely decline.

"If you need any assistance do let me know," she says, I nod awkwardly before she leaves my side and finds her way back into the further part of the mansion.

'I'm never going to get used to being treated like that'

Making my way further into the mansion, I'm greeted with the sight of a stranger dressed in a three-piece tailored suite pacing the length of the hallway in front of the stairwell. Distress is evident in his stance but he's trying to mask that with the false aura of confidence but is so miserably failing at it.

"Whenever you're here do not interact with any stranger you might run into, especially men"

This man has already ticked off two of the conditions in the ground rules Enrique set and I agreed to, he's a stranger and a man, and that is enough for me to bite the inside of my cheek and walk towards the stairwell avoiding eye contact with him.

"Hello there." A gruff voice calls out from behind me. I don't stop to acknowledge him, just continue walking as Enrique told me to.

"I'm talking to you, young lady," he says, this time a bit more forcefully. Chewing the inside of my cheek with my anxiety now heightened I continue walking.