Prologue

"Aw shit! I gotta go!" I glanced down at my watch before hastily grabbing my bag off of the recliner and throwing it onto my back.

She eyed me in confusion. "Where?"

She sat on her bed in her pajamas with a tub of cookie and cream ice cream in her lap. I rolled my eyes at her before grabbing my keys, wallet and phone.

As I walk to the door, opening it and holding it, I yelled over my shoulder. "Detention."

"But-" She got cut off by me closing the door. I walked down the hall all the way to the front desk. I waved at the security guard and receptionist, who waved back, before opening the doors and walking across campus.

The closer I got to the familiar big building, the more anxious I got. I've never actually had detention before. Not even in high school. So this was my actual first time.

I was so busy thinking about what it'd be like to have detention for the first time that I hadn't noticed that I was already in front of the door.

I wiped my clammy hands on my jeans before knocking. I was silently cursing myself for being nervous for the wrong reasons.

I barely heard him say come in, but I did. Pushing the door open, feeling my blood pump even faster as my gaze locked with his, I grew more and more..... excited.

Biting into my bottom lip, I watched him in all of his manly glory.

And then his eyes averted to me. Looking at him now, all business and professional like, it brought me back into my high school years.

I used to be late to his class all the time back then. I'd love to see the fire behind his green eyes whenever they landed on me.

And when he said those two words that lit me up like a pack of fireworks, I did everything in my will to get him. Now that I've got him, I'm never letting him go.

"Mr. Smith?" My eyes instantly snapped up to meet those same green orbs that narrowed at me in suspicion.

"Yes?"

He eyed me for awhile and checked the clock on the wall that hung above the door. Smirking to himself, he stood up from his seat and approached me until he was towering right over me.

"You're Early."