Prologue

I blink my eyes repeatedly as the harsh sunlight shines upon my face. I look around me to see a circle of humans and horses alike. A large, brown stallion kneels down next to me and gently nudges me with his nose.

I shakily stand up on my thin legs and stumble around a bit. I smile and look to see the stallion and a white mare watching me with loving expressions. I neigh playfully and start jumping around. Everyone around laugh at my sillyness.

The stallions ears twitch violently before he neighs loudly. The humans suddenly turn into horses of different colors and shapes before taking off. I look around confused and the white mare starts running.

I follow after her knowing she won't let the danger near me. I'm pushed towards the center of the herd and everyone stays close to me. Growls are heard from behind me and large beasts jump onto the backs of others. I scream in shock and fear as one by one, everyone falls.

Suddenly, the largest of them land on top of me and my poor legs buckle underneath me. Its great teeth wrap around my torso and bite down. I scream and the mare as well as the stallion attack the beast. More beasts attack come from the woods and bring down every single one of the horse and I'm forced to lay there and watch.

My breathing starts to shorten and the mare falls. A voice in my head appears just before I fall asleep. 'No matter what happens, my baby. We will be with you always.' The voice faids out as the main beast bites the white mare.

The stallion screams in pain and falls to the ground even though none of the beasts were near him. I shake in fear as the main beast smiles evily, showing his many large teeth. The beasts start shaking and turn into men.

"Are they all gone?" The main beast says to the others. I cry out softly to the stallion and the mare but the men all turn to me.

A man kneels next to me. "Looks like the filly is still alive, Alpha."

The 'Alpha' grunts in aggravation. "Well she won't be without her parents. Plus, it will die with that bite on its hide. Let's get back to the pack house to celebrate our victory. The end of the horse shifter has almost come to an end." They all turn back into the beasts and run back into the woods from once they came.

I whimper and eventually crawl over to the white mare. Red marks cut through the white of her coat. I nudge her stomach but she does not move. I whinny loudly to wake her up but she does not move. Something wet runs down my face and I snuggle into what is left of her warmth and fall asleep.

πΠπΠπΠπΠπ

My name is Maine Reed and I'm the last member of the Wild Plain Herd. My father was Mason Reed, the lead stallion, and by his side was my mother, Pearl Reed.

My whole herd was killed in front of me on the day of my birth exactly seventeen years ago. I watched as a werewolf pack called The Pale Mountain Pack killed the people I would have grown up with, but I raised myself.

Now a days, I attend a human high school to educate myself of modern ways. If you haven't figured it out yet, I am probably the last horse shifter in existence. Sad, right? I try not to think about it so I'm never really sad about it.

I am maybe an 18 hand sized horse with a beautiful golden coat covering my powerful body. Not like the sun ray golden but more like...uh...a leather color. My eyes are a beautiful honey color that tends to go green when I'm mad.

The only way you can anyone can tell me apart from other horses is a large scar that wraps around my back in the shape of large teeth. I bet you can guess where I got that...they remind me every day how much I hate the werewolf species.

Now...a cool thing about me...since I am the only one of my kind, that I know of, I am the fastest, strongest, and most stubborn horse known to man. Sure I have been captured before but never broken. I've never, ever been broken and nothing will change that.

If you want to try. I will say:

Get Off Of My Back.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Likely? If not, don't stop reading here. This is just the preview/prologue/introduction/thing. The real story starts next........And my main inspiration for this song is Get Off Of My Back by Bryan Adams.

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

Read more of my stories pretty please. And actually do the things above. Comments inspire me to write more (F.Y.I)

-Shay V--V