23. "You're hurting me."

Chapter Twenty Three

Adonis' POV

"I'm going to drive. I feel like I'm out of practice."

"Did Mrs. Stavrakos beat you again last night?" Hugo asked and I chuckled. We were in the elevator, going down to the basement parking of the Stavrakos building.

"Yeah, she did. All the time," I admitted. Elena was so good in online racing game, "she has a thing for racing, you know, and I'm planning to bring her to Monaco, to watch the F1 Grand Prix soon."

"She would love that," he agreed.

It would also step up our relationship to the next level. We were being patient, adjusting to each other and getting to know more. Little by little each day.

I tried to put at the back of my mind the wonderful night that Elena and I shared. I told myself that it was only a dream. But I could not fool myself. Our connection was amazing, that involved not just our bodies but also our hearts and souls. It was the best sex that I ever had in my entire life. I craved her so badly, like an addiction that has no cure.

I would smile whenever I think of her. Then sighed heavily, because I missed her when I was not with her.

I wanted to know where she was, what she was up to, her plans and ideas, and anything running inside her pretty head.

Crazy right? And quite possessive.

I had never felt like this before. She made me crazy, and very frustrated of wanting her so badly.

But patience is my virtue. I could do this, so does Elena.

Hugo and I arrived in the basement, and instantly, I saw the brunette woman in red dress leaning against my car.

"Finally, I caught you," the side of her lips curved in a wicked smile.

I sighed impatiently, and asked, "what do you want?"

"You," she answered, then laughed when my forehead furrowed, "I want to talk to you, in PRIVATE."

I twisted my lips nastily, "you can say whatever you want in front of him, he knows everything."

"Okay," she shrugged and pouted her lips, "if that's what you want."

When she did not get a reaction from me, she stood so close, her face a mere inches away from mine, intentionally seducing me.

"I still love you so much, Adonis. I want you back."

I hissed and put a distance between us.

"We're over, Trisha. Can't you get that in your head?"

"No! Because I know that you still love me," her voice rose in an octave, "we can still be together, even without marriage. You got back your ancestors land, that's all that matters, right?"

"Wrong. I don't love you anymore, it was long gone. So stop thinking about us, because there will be no us, ever again," I snapped at her firmly, "yes, I married Elena for my ancestor's land, but I intend to honor my marriage vow and spend the rest of my life with her. If I were you, learn to move on and live your own life."

"You're get bored of her in a month, and you'll come back begging on your knees for me to take you back," she grinned wickedly, "she's an ugly unsophisticated rat. Just like her grandfather."

I chuckled nastily, making her eyebrows rose.

"I swear, Elena is a million times more beautiful than you. Hide your insecurities within yourself. They smell so bad like a dead rat," I got inside my Lamborghini and instantly drove off.

Elena's POV

Two months later, my company ANELE Fashion, opened. Adonis helped me along with the financial consultant, advisers, lawyers, accountants and many others.

We bought a huge warehouse and renovated it. Then we purchased vans and service vehicles, machinery and equipment, furniture, fixtures and others. We got suppliers of our textiles from India, China, Indonesia, Italy and Germany. We hired workers, designers, financial advisers, production managers, and others that would sum up our company's organization.

My best friend, Camella helped me in the process. She was my right hand, as well as my Marketing Manager.

"Finally, we made our dream happen," Camella leaped with joy, then hugged me.

"I know, right? We were just imagining this last year, and look at us now," I continued to hug her, "we owe this all to Adonis."

"Also to your grandpa. You wouldn't meet Adonis if you were not forced into an arranged marriage. All of these wouldn't exist," her hand swinging inside the office.

"What?" I frowned, "no way. I don't owe him anything."

"You do, girl," she waved her hand, "come on, let's have a fancy dinner to celebrate. My treat."

"But I haven't paid you yet."

"Don't worry, I have extra savings," she winked at me.

True to her word, we went to a very sophisticated restaurant in Manhattan New York, and had the best fine dining experience. We were having our dessert when I saw Grandpa entered the restaurant. I ignored him, but he stopped in front of our table.

"Good evening, Mr. Pallis," Camella had the courtesy to greet him, but he just ignored her.

"I heard you opened your good-for-nothing fashion company," his eyes were like darts, aiming at me, "you were just wasting the Stavrakos money. If you just stay home and work on getting pregnant, then you would be useful to us. You're so stubborn and weak like your mother."

"I don't need your opinion. I have better things to do than listen to you. Get lost, Grandpa. You're ruining our appetite," I said harshly, and he mumbled.

"Ungrateful child. Your mother would have been dead by now, without my help," he said between gritted teeth.

"I paid more by marrying Adonis."

"Which you surely enjoy. I can see he tamed you too well," he laughed wickedly, "that boy is surely great in bed, huh?"

My temper flared up, I wanted to slap him, uncaring if he was old. I totally lost my respect in that devil. But Camella kicked me under the table, reminding me that we were in public.

"That's right, Elena. Behave," he moved closer, and I jerked when he grabbed my hair so hard, pulling them from the roots, "and smile, everyone's watching."

"You're hurting me," I clasped his wrist.

His face leaned closer, "I will hurt you more, including your mother if you continue to mess up with me. Next time, follow what I say, and your life will be peaceful."

Tears welled in my eyes, and I nodded.

"You're doing great connecting with the Stavrakos, child. That's good. But don't destroy my reputation. Don't tell them about our little family secrets, especially about your mother. Is that clear?"

I nodded again.

"Say it," he hissed.

"Yes, grandpa."

"Good girl," he grinned and planted a kiss on my forehead.