Chapter 7: [A New Dawn] Fateful Encounters

~NO ONE'S POV~

~A DAY AFTER THE PARTY~

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

BE-

A hand emerges from beneath the covers of a bed and smacks down on a rectangular alarm clock.

"Let me sleeeeeeeeeeeeep! it's too early.", Leon's voice groans as he shifts to a comfortable position.

"Commander, I know that the celebration last night has left you needing more sleep but I have to inform you that the Orientation will begin in 30 minutes."

LUXION's announcement is met with a loud groan. Leon shifts under his covers a couple of times, his mind fighting against his body's need. He needs to be at the ceremony but he also wants a couple more hours of sleep. It is only with a single thought that Leon finally comes to a decision. Rising from his bed, Leon rubs the bag under his eyes before moving his feet to the side of the bed.

"LUXION, please go and blend my coffee. I'm gonna need an extra large cup for this."

"Already on Commander."

Leon sighs heavily as he stands up, leaving his bed to be fixed later by one of the staff. He wobbles over to a circular disk laying on the floor in the corner of his room. He steps onto the object and it extends up, his form covered by...blank curtains. A shower head extends from the top, letting out a rain of warm water onto Leon's form. The clothes he was wearing suddenly melt into a liquid substance that forms around his wrist, creating a black bracelet and leaving him naked. He then proceeds to take a shower right inside his room.

Leon couldn't be bothered to walk over to the boy's bathing area and had requested LUXION to install a portable shower in his room so that he could bathe there. It saves up time and gives him the privacy he needs. With the knowledge of him being recognized by a good quester of the school, he could only imagine the headaches he would get when he would have to deal with the other guys who had sworn to be his followers.

That's another thing. Leon didn't really expect his deeds to be this recognized. He simply suspected that those he chose to help get back home were mostly commoners, he didn't expect that they were part of a noble house. He'd have to tell LUXION about this and have him order the Phantoms to gather some intel on just how much change his single act of kindness had actually done.

His thoughts are paused when he looks into the mirror inside his shower and spots a couple of fading red kiss marks on his cheeks. It made him remember that a few of the ones clamoring him last night were girls from baron houses like him, some even offered marriage proposals to him in private. It was quite tempting, especially since most of those girls were actually kind and had good personalities.

"I can't...", Leon wipes away the marks and continues to clean himself.

Relationships are a difficult topic for him. A part of the reason is his past experiences during his past life. They were...traumatizing to say the least...Another part is that having relationships right now is viable, not when he knows the dangers lurking outside and within the country. He won't drag someone he loves into that kind of conflict. As someone who has the most knowledge of what may come and what is yet to happen, he has to keep this burden only to himself and LUXION. They are the only ones who can succeed. It is a lonely task and Leon wished he did have some allies, yet until he finds someone he can truly trust, they are on their own.