Chapter 8.3 - Brand New Determination

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"What?"

"You heard me. Your incompetence as a leader cost the class."

"Are you kidding me? It's my fault?"

"Who else's fault could it be? It's your fault they betrayed your words. It's your fault you couldn't avoid Yamauchi's expulsion. Look at Class B, they didn't expel a single student. Even so, you could've expected this to happen, and you could've avoided Yamauchi's expulsion with 20 million points."

"What? I don't even have enough points."

"That would be your fault. There are many ways to get private points in this school. It's your fault you couldn't address the shortage of points."

"Still... What you're saying doesn't make sense at all, Ayanokouji!"

"It doesn't, but it's the reality. This is the result of your mentality. The truth is, Hirata, you're not only mad at the class for betraying your words, you're also mad at yourself for not avoiding Yamauchi's expulsion."

"W-what? How did you know?"

"Just a guess."

Hirata didn't say a word. Seems like I hit the weak spot.

I figured Hirata would have that kind of mentality. Someone with his social and academic abilities couldn't possibly be placed in Class D.

If we were to judge him purely based on those things, that is.

Hence, the reason he got placed in Class D is something hidden, something that goes beyond academics or athleticism.

His past.

He got placed in Class D because of his past. That is the only logical possibility.

He probably changed because of his past. However, that was besides the point, I don't need to know what happened.

"I know what you're thinking, Hirata. You want to bring everyone to Class A. But you have to make a choices, Hirata. It is impossible to save everyone while doing so. Especially for someone like you."

"Tch. What's your problem?!"

"If you truly want to save everyone, then you have to put in more effort. Think hard, Hirata. Do you want to aim for Class A or hope to be everyone's savior?"

"I-I don't know... I want to lead the class..."

"I'm afraid if you don't know then you're not fit to be Class D's leader. Simple as that. Unlike Horikita who has her eyes fixed on Class A, you're still stuck in that utopia of yours. However, if you want to keeping staying there, then you have to assume responsibility for everything that happens to everyone. Even if it has nothing to do with you. Doesn't that sound problematic?"

"What the hell are you trying to say?"

Hirata was visibly frustrated by my harsh words.

"There are sacrifices to be made, Hirata. I don't care what happened to you in the past, but if you get over it, then you'll get nowhere in this school. That's the truth."

"Tch. Don't talk about my past."

"You think you've got a harsh past, huh. Sorry to burst your bubble, but everyone in Class D has known suffering in one way or another. You're simply nothing special, Hirata. Don't go thinking that you have to be everyone's savior because of your rough past."

I could hear him crying from outside the door. Perhaps I was a little too harsh, but I wasn't not done yet.

"Decide right now, Hirata, before the class abandons you like you're currently abandoning them."