Chapter 1 : Gaël

I'm sorry in advance for any error or misspelling because it's my first time writing a story so feel free to post any comments or ideas that could help to ameliorate it.

→→Song: This is war, Thirty Second to Mars
→→Picture of Gaël

.......................................................................................

Gaël POV

It's been two years that I've been deployed in Afghanistan with my unit, the Irwin Black Commando Unit, oh yes right I didn't present myself, I'm Gaël. I'm 5.6 yeah right laugh, I'm the shortest in the unit,all the 12 guys are like 6 feet something. I've brown short shaggy hair and blue eyes .

So back to the story, we're in the middle of the desert ready to attack a terrorist base to rescue a few fellow marines. Suddenly, Gabi the youngest of the unit contact me trough my personal portative radio "Captain we're in position ready to go, just waiting for you to shot the guards!"

I took position and aimed at the lonely guard on top of the enemy base then shot. He fall to the ground, dead...

In a minute, everyone sprang into action, five of my guys burst trough the back door and four through the front door. It became hectic. All the guys entered the base. Several gun shot we're heard with cries of pain"Captain, we've found the missing squad, bringing them at the entrance" I was relieved, they were all safe, some minor injury but nothing life threatening. Ouff !!!

"Good Gaby, I'm calling Xavier and Basil so that they come to fetch us" After calling Xavier, I climbed down from my hiding place to go meet with the guys. They were all coming at the door carrying one of the rescued soldier. I could see the clouds of sand coming from the vehicle driven by Basil.

On the verge of my eyes I saw the terrorist leader leave sneakily. He turned his head and saw meet, I aimed at the man and fired but it was too late. He was dead but he had the time to throw a bomb right next the door. I ran has fast has I could and rammed myself against the door successfully closing it.

From here on, time flew in slow motion. The detonation made a giant roaring sound. Than, a blast of wind from the explosion made me fall on the ground.

Pain, pain, it was all I was feeling, as if a bullet pierced through the bottom of my back. The fire started, flame licking my legs, back and neck. I started to breath smoke, my lungs were burning.

Black spot came in my eyes everything was blurry. I could somehow make out the shape of the truck someone coming my way.

The only thing I heard was peoples shouting "Captain" and Xavier shouting at me to stay awake before everything went black and I let myself fall unconscious free from the pain.

###### ##### ##### ##### ##### #####

Pain, it was the only thing I could feel when I regained conscious, I tried to open my eyes, at the third try I finally opened them. Everything was blurry than my eyes narrowed on the white ceiling above. I turned my head trying to find where the hell I have ended.

I was in a white room on a bed hooked to multiple machines the door opened and in walked Gaby. He scanned the room. When his gaze came upon my awaken form his eyes growled in surprise ready to bulge out of their socket. " GUYS, GUYS FAST COME HERE, THE CAPTAIN IS BACK IN THE WORLD OF THE LIVING "

Gaby fixated me has a bunch of running footsteps came this way. The door burst open and the wool unit came into the room making it feel like it was cramped. With 12, 6 feet something, muscular man lots of room would seem so small.

I tried to sit up but an excruciating pain made me stop the movement as soon as I started it. Kurt, one of my guys helped me sit up against pillows.

"How come I can't move my legs ???" Was the first thing I asked before coughing. One of the guys went and grabbed me a glass of water that I gulped down rapidly. Than Cyrus another guy from the unit dropped the bomb. "Well captain, you won't be able to walk anymore because, well, when the bomb exploded, a metal pipe lodged itself in your back and hurt your spin."

I took several minutes to process the information. Than suddenly it hit me, I wouldn't be able to walk on my own two legs anymore.

I COULDN'T WALK !!!!!!

...................................................................................................

I hope you liked.
I'm sorry if the chapter was a little short but I think I won't make longer chapter.
See you in the next chapter, again leave any comments you want they're always welcome.