44 || Familiar

11:05 A.M. || Pacific Ocean || Airplane

Y/N gripped the armrest of her seat.

How do people work in the air force under this kind of stress?

This was nerve-wracking.

Sitting on a plane, soaring through the sky, ooh--just thinking about it is giving her serious chills down the spine. It'll all be worth it though.

It'll all be worth it when they get to I-Island.

Midoriya couldn't help but glance at Y/N. She seemed so anxious. Did she not like going to new places? Honestly, he didn't know she was even coming until All Might appeared with her by his side. He was not expecting her to come too.

~~~

"Alright, young Midoriya! Are you ready?" All Might asked, standing next to the taxi. He had a big grin on his face, just like his green haired successor.

"Yes! I've never heard of a place like I-Island!" Midoriya told him with excitement lacing his voice.

"You have not been there, Midoriya, sir?"

"No, have yo- Y/N??!!"

"Greetings."

The female was standing right next to the broccoli boy with her position of a salute. Reflex. She gave him a welcoming nod.

"Oh, yes. Young Y/N will be joining us as well. Just a minor detail I forgot to mention." Midoriya sweatdropped at his idol as he noted that he forgot a whole human being was accompanying them. Quite the memory.

"Is your guardian okay with this? I mean, I'm glad you're coming but..."

"Do not concern yourself, Midoriya, sir. Ms. Lucia is already on I-Island. She has work to do over there. I am going to meet with her, as well as visit." Y/N explained with a nod.

"Oh. Alright." He gave her a smile.

"Right! Let's go!"

~~~

He wasn't expecting her to come.

But for some reason, he's glad she did.

12:06 P.M. || I-Island || Airport

All Might felt bad for having to wake them up.

They were adorable.

Head on shoulder. Head on head. Sleeping peacefully. He already knew the reactions they would have if they ever saw this picture he took. Midoriya would turn so red, his heart would stop working. Y/N would probably be saying something like 'oh, do you have a fever' and 'why is my face made like that'.

But right now, there are more important things.

It's been a while since he's been here!

12:08 P.M. || I-Island || Central Park

Midoriya couldn't wait to check this place out! It looks amazing! He could only imagine what was around here. It all seems pretty advanced, but what else should he have expected from an island full of scientists!

Hey, wait, where's Y/N-

"Uncle Might!" A cheery voice was heard. 

Midoriya turned to see a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes jumping towards the group. All Might perked up at the sight of the girl.

"Ah! Melissa!" The buffed up hero cheered as he turned to the girl with glee.

"I'm so glad you could make it here! I was really hoping you would come! I've grown a lot since you last saw me here!" She told him, excitedly. Clearly, it was a long time reunion. All Might hasn't been here in a while.

"Yes, you sure have! Of course I was going to come! I wouldn't miss seeing you and David for the world!" He told her with a grin. "Ah. This is my pupil, Midoriya Izuku. Young Midoriya, this is Melissa, the daughter of my friend, David Sheild."

"Wow! You're Professor Sheild's daughter?" He asked. He admired the inventor for a long time now, so it's an understandable reaction. The blondie laughed.

"Yep! Like Uncle Might said, my name is Melissa Sheild!" She perks up as she started to examine him up close. Too close for comfort. "Wow, strong build, clearly have been training for quite a while. Hmm, this costume is quite sturdy but could use some adjustments. Ooh, scars on your hands, a setback from your quirk, maybe..." The girl goes off in deep thought, not noticing Midoriya's embarrassment.

"U-Um..."

"Meli-"

"Ah! Is that...! Y/N!" The girl quickly cut off her Uncle as she noticed a familiar figure in the distance.

Y/N panted as she had just shoved her way through crowds, looking for All Might and Midoriya. She looked away for one second and they were gone. She was looking all over. It's really tiring looking for people, and honestly, she slightly regrets it.

She looked up at the shout of her name.

"Oh. Melis-" The girl was cut off by a big affectionate hug. Y/N stood there, still not used to all this...affection.

"I'm so glad to see you again! I didn't know you were coming!" The blonde exclaimed as she pulled away. "Did you come here with Uncle Might?"

"Correct."

"You two know each other?" Midoriya asked, curiously.

"Uh huh! Y/N's one of my best friends!"

Melissa was really pleased to see her friend here. She met her when the girl visited with Akira. Akira introduced the little girl to the other tiny version Melissa. Melissa was fascinated by the build and strength of the girl younger than her. She had to be told multiple times that Y/N was not her test subject.

But Y/N never complained once.

In fact, she seemed almost interested.

Melissa hasn't heard from her for the longest of times, and when she heard about Akira's death, she almost panicked at the thought of Y/N dying too.

Luckily, she was here now.

"Ugh, I haven't done an analysis with you in years! You looked amazing! Your muscles seem to be improving and your physique seems to have changed too. I am so glad you are okay!" She told her. Y/N nodded.

Why wouldn't she be? She hadn't done anything really.

"Um, Melissa, shall we go on? Remember, we have a surprise visit on David." All Might reminded the girl before she could go deeper on the analysis. Melissa paused and nodded.

"Right, sorry about that. Come on, I'll take you to my dad!"

Melissa took Y/N's hand as she started to make her way towards her father's lab, the other two trailing behind her. 

Y/N was glad to see Melissa too.

It's always good to see someone familiar.