"What about you?" I eventually asked as he looked up at me, surprised by the question. "How have you and Nevaeh been since the lawsuit?" I elaborated.

And it took some time for my words to process in his head, but once they did, he released a shaky breath, his head falling to look at his hands while he spoke.

"She's... a month pregnant, and is starting to show. Thankfully, she's not wearing your old clothes anymore, mostly because she can't... And financially, the Moretti family have had better times," He hated to admit.

But no matter how much he spoke, no matter how pathetic he looked right now, and no matter how much time I spent with him, I couldn't seem to bring myself to care right now.

It's true that he hurt me. He hurt me so much that I couldn't look in the mirror without thinking I'm ugly, I couldn't eat food without thinking I'll get fat, I couldn't even smile without thinking if I deserved to be happy.

But it's different now. I look in the mirror and smile a joyful smile every morning, I eat food I enjoy without thinking about my weight because I have a man who will love me in all my forms, through all the mess that I am.

It's different now because I don't feel anything for this man anymore. Not even anger, he hurt me, but I got over it. I've built myself up again, and I'm happy.

After much work, I can safely say that I am, without a doubt, happy.

"I forgive you,"

His head shot up to look at me so fast, I heard a crack, and he hissed in pain, having to take a moment to massage his neck before he could speak again.

"What... Did you just say?" He muttered.

"I said I forgive you for all that you've done, and I forgive Nevaeh too," I repeated, speaking slowly, and quietly as he hung onto every word.

"...Why?"

"Because I want nothing more to do with you. Because for as long as I don't forgive you, I'll keep thinking of you, and I don't want that... Nevaeh is pregnant, and she's going to give birth to your child, so I hope that you can put me behind you, and move on to live a better life with your child's best interest at heart,"

"You think about me?"

Please tell me he's joking.

"Not just you, all of it. You and Nevaeh in bed together, you stealing my company from me, throwing me out of the house with nothing, and the whole estate, Belvedere manor itself is like a haunted house in my head, I hate it." I shivered just thinking about it.

"I want to move away from it all, so I forgive you. I hope you'll find something worth loving in Nevaeh if you haven't already, and I hope that while you couldn't be a good husband, the same can't be said on you being a father. Be a good father to your child, Donovan," I said, begging him in my mind to not raise him to turn out like himself.

"Why... You know I don't love anyone other than you, so why are you pushing me away?" He leaned forward as he whispered, sounding desperate.

"If you don't know the answer to that, then that's your problem... But I need you to remember that before you accuse me of pushing you away, you remember that you are the one that threw me away first," I whispered back, but not in a desperate tone, a threatening one.

"So, that's it? You just want me to move on with my life?" He scoffed, slouching back on his chair as I finished off my beverage.

"Yes," I simply said as I nodded my head, standing up as I picked my bag up.