Chapter 3: New Friends

Willow woke up early Saturday morning and immediately jumped onto her computer, looking up the hockey team records and finding out where Casey lived.

It was almost too easy.

Once she'd finished, Willow headed to the kitchen, where Tiffany was making pancakes.

"Goodmorning, sunshine." The woman smiled.

Willow looked at the delicious food and inwardly died.

"Goodmorning, Tiffany." Willow sat down and tried to quickly consume one.

Tiffany turned off the stove and glanced at her. "Are you in a rush?"

"I lost my phone." Willow explained. "I'm going to go ask Casey if he has it."

"Why would he have your phone? Isn't the one who helped you?" Tiffany asked.

"Yus." Willow nodded. "Bu ever un seefs my suff."

Tiffany blinked. "What?"

Willow swallowed. "He's probably searching it for blackmail or something. That's stupid on him, because he'll never figure out my password."

"Oh okay." Tiffany smiled. "Maybe you can go make some friends while you're out today."

Willow shrugged. "Sure."

Mark popped out. "Wait, what?"

"I mean, I met some people." Willow said calmly. "I'll probably see them today too."

"This is great news!" Mark grinned. "How many guys?"

Willow rolled her eyes and stood up, placing her plate in the sink. "They're all married."

Tiffany dropped her spatula. "How old are they!?"

Willow laughed. "I'm kidding. Stop trying to hook me up."

"At least we don't have to worry about her getting pregnant." Mark muttered.

"Oh my gosh." Willow grabbed her book and stuffed it into her bag. "You guys are crazy."

"Well, if we were sane, we wouldn't have adopted you." Tiffany joked.

Willow snorted. "I'd still hunt you down."

Willow opened the door and went outside, leaving behind the two adults and making her way out of the apartment.

It took her about half an hour in the traffic, but Willow eventually found herself at the correct door. She pounded against it.

Casey threw the door open and pointed a hockey stick at her with half-lidded eyes.

"Wha!?"

"Where is my phone?"

He blinked for a moment and processed her words before lowering the hockey stick. "Donnie has it."

"Who?"

"Donnie. The purple turtle with the stick." He explained. "They're probably sleeping right now. It's six in the morning. Why are you awake?"

"Why are you asleep? This is prime time." She crossed her arms. "Now get dressed and take me there."

"What? No. My wife is calling me." Casey glared.

"Your wife?"

Casey rolled his eyes. "My bed, obviously. I need my beauty sleep."

"Oh please." Willow pushed through him into the apartment, which reeked of sweat and dust. "I need my phone, so you're taking me."

"It's your fault." Casey pointed out.