Chapter Sixteen

*Your P.O.V.*

Craig was right, I did need a shower.  This entire situation felt weird for me.  It didn't seem to bother Craig.  He acted natural about it, which made me feel better.

The shower felt nice, really nice.  I probably was in the shower way too long and more than likely shot up some red flags, but it was way worth it.  My tense body completely relaxed as soon as the warm water hit me.  After deciding I had been in there longer than needed, I got out with the cool air hitting my bare body.  I stiffened right away.  I quickly wrapped myself in a towel when I realized I had no clothes to wear.

I poked my head out the door and called for Craig, and there was no reply.  Panicking, I scanned the hall to check if anyone was in the hall.  Seeing no one, I tightened the grip on my towel and hurried to find Craig.  I checked every room for anyone before I dared to enter.  The scent of pancakes hit my nostrils when I got to the bottom of the stairs.

  Oh, I hope that's Craig-

"Why aren't you wearing any clothes?" a voice behind me asked.

I slowly turned to see Ruby behind me.  I froze as my heart started to skip several beats.

"And, why is your hair all wet?  Is that one of our towels?  Does mom or dad know your here? Who are you?  Wait, aren't you Craig's friend?" questions kept coming from her as my face grew redder and redder.

"Yes, I'm Craig's friend.  Would you mind telling me where he is?" I asked cutting off her constant babbling.

"He is in the kitchen, but you might want to put some clothes on before going to see him," she warned.

"Will do," I assured her making my way to the kitchen.

Once I got in there, I saw Craig facing the stove making pancakes.  He seemed to be in his own world not even noticing I was in there.  I didn't bother to go all the way in there, instead I tried to hide half of my bare body behind the wall.

"Craig, where are my clothes?" I whispered/yelled.

He started to turn around, but-

"Don't look at me!  I'm not wearing any clothes!" I yelled.

He jumped, quickly turning back around.  During that, well at least at some point, I'm pretty sure he hit his hand on the burner.

"Shit," he winced clutching his hand.

"Oh my God," I ran over to check him.  "Are you okay?"

Craig looked at me, and his face turned as red as his hand, as did I.

"I'm good," he ran from me to rinse his hand under cold water.  He dried his throbbing hand walking back over to me, but not looking at me.  "Come with me, your clothes should be dry."

I hesitantly followed him gipping my towel so tight that my knuckles started to turn white. 

Craig took the clothes out of the dry and threw them at me.  They were still warm.

"Come to the kitchen when your done, I'll try to have breakfast done by then," he stated leaving me to go back to the kitchen.

I quickly changed and went to the kitchen to see Ruby and Craig already sitting at the table.

"I cant stay," I blurted.

Craig looked up from his plate, "What?"

I froze.  Words wouldn't from out of my mouth. I didn't even know why I said that.  I wanted to stay, Craig made me a good smelling breakfast, but I think part of me knew it was better if I left.  I didn't want to get attached to someone, at least not so soon. 

"I cant stay, I have to get home," I repeated.

"Okay, whatever," he nonchalantly said. 

I was a little taken back.  He didn't even seemed fazed by the fact that I had to leave.  He acted as if he didn't care even though he made me breakfast.  I was stunned.

"Are you going to go?" he asked in his monotone voice.

There were no emotions in his face.  I tried to read his blank expression, but I got nothing.

"Are you just going to stand there and stare at me, or are you going to leave?" he asked, again.  This time I heard him.

I blushed realizing that I was staring, "Sorry, um, thanks for everything." 

With that, I showed myself out and made my way home.