"anything weird about your body?"

"nah. seems okay."

"can you swap with sukuna at will?"

"sukuna?"

most people who met satsuki described her as 'too casual'. but this kid was on a whole other level. he seemed entirely unphased at the fact he had just eaten ryomen sukuna's finger.

"yeah, the curse you ate?"

"oh! mhm, yeah, i think i can do that."

what the hell? was he insane? she stopped eating, now sharing weirded out looks with megumi.

gojo walked away from the boy, and started stretching his long 'bug' legs, as satsuki liked to call them. "okay! give us ten seconds. then, change back into yourself."

"yeah, but-"

"don't worry. i'm way too strong for him."

a unanimous eye roll from satsuki and megumi.

satsuki offered the bag of kikufuku to megumi as gojo continued to stretch. she took the time to have a good look at the boy. he wasn't actually all that bad looking - he was pretty cute, with that fluffy hair and those warm, doe eyes. way too adorable to be sukuna's vessel.

"what is this?" megumi asked.

"kikufuku from kikusui," gojo called over. "it's sendai's specialty and it's super good! i recommend the zunda and cream flavour."

megumi looked over to satsuki with exasperation. she just shrugged. "i like the green one."

"you guys went and bought souvenirs while people were out here dying?"

"it's no souvenir! i'll be eating this on the bullet train ride home. if suki hasn't eaten them all herself by then."

"look out!" megumi yelled.

"kikufuku is just the best."

CRASH.

a cloud of fine debris billowed up from the wrecked concrete roof as the pink boy (now sukuna?) slammed into it. the smoke cleared, and megumi and satsuki were met with his face right in front of theirs, seemingly in shock, with gojo sitting on top of his back.

satsuki tilted her head to the side, noticing how the boy's warm brown eyes had changed, along with the new markings on his skin. they were bright red, just like her own. the only difference was that sukuna had three more than she did, which she had to admit, she was slightly miffed at.

she reached forward and flicked his forehead. he snapped back and gojo spoke again. "i think it's the whipped cream inside that really makes the difference."

sukuna growled and swung round, initiating the fight. it was as expected. she had seen gojo fight curses so many times it was boring now. dodging fists and making snide comments failed to excite her, even if she did the exact same thing when she fought. she sat on the floor, enjoying her kikufuku as the two brawled. even as the side of the building exploded.

megumi sighed in relief as the ten seconds were up, clutching the bag of kikufuku tightly to his chest. it was only now that satsuki realised just how beat up he really was - his hair had covered the blood dripping from his forehead.

sukuna's eyes drooped and the black marks on his skin faded like water being dropped in ink, diluting it. as soon as they were all gone, the boy's head darted back up, awake and normal again.

she leaned over to megumi and whispered in his ear. "what's his name?" it was probably important to know that stuff.

"yuuji itadori," he whispered back.

"how did it go?" itadori asked.

"how about that! so you really can control that guy."

"he's kind of annoying, though, to tell the truth," calling the king of curses annoying. yeah, i like this kid. "and i keep hearing his voice."

"it's a miracle that's all he's doing to you." gojo walked over and satsuki recognised the pressure point he hit on itadori's forehead - gojo had used it on her countless times when she refused to go to bed as a child. itadori keeled forward and gojo caught him.

"what d'you do to him?" megumi asked, slightly alarmed.

"relax, megs, he just knocked him out," satsuki reassured and megumi gave an audible sigh of relief.

"if he's not possessed by sukuna when he wakes up, he might have potential as a vessel," gojo said. "now i have a question for you. what do you think we should do with him?"

satsuki looked to megumi, unabashedly curious for his answer - he had always been picky with who he saved. "well, even if he is a vessel, jujutsu regulations demand itadori be executed."

she rolled her eyes. of course. regulations.

"however..." she sat a little straighter, turning round more to look at him. "i don't want him to die."

"personal?" gojo teased, and satsuki shot him a glare.

"i suppose. so can you save him?"

gojo chuckled, lifting itadori onto his shoulder. "a request from a precious student? leave it to me!"

a flash of white, and he was gone.

satsuki scrambled up, running to the edge of the roof, her previously apathetic demeanour gone in an instant.

"DON'T JUST LEAVE ME HERE, YOU BASTARD!"

ave's notes! 🍡

bit of a boring chapter, i know, but im hoping it gets across suki's personality- she's kinda shy but curious at the same time, so she mostly comes off as apathetic to those who don't rlly know her. shes kinda emotionally stunted and i love that for her

also the amount of times i typed gono and had to backspace and fix it to gojo im gonna rip my hair out i swear-

anyway meme time!

gojo and satsuki arriving en scene:

satsuki rewarding her fave dad with a gold star every time he speaks:

-🍡