Secrets Secrets Are No Fun

Kirito's POV:

Walking back into the castle was chaos.

"Sire, we need you to look at this."

"Sire, about the market prices"

"Sire..."

A bunch of my advisors huddled around me shoving document after document in my face.

"I'll take a look at those and get back to you later." Asuna surprised me by grabbing the papers and shooing the men.

"Are you actually?" I asked. I didn't know her educational background, it didn't hurt to check.

"Yeah I can. I went to an elite private school."

I wanted to share how impressed I was, waves of people stopped me from doing so.

"Kirito we need to make a plan about sending reinforcements to the Dark Territory." Sinon sat at the long dinning table, which got crowed fast.

"Kirito, we need to sign documents officiating that you're King again." Leafa poked at her steak.

"Kirito, we have to start training again. You have a 30 minute spar scheduled early tomorrow." Alice sat next to me. Eugeo sat on the other side of me, accidentally leaving out Asuna.

Asuna moved down the table to sit with Yui. I couldn't focus on what everyone was asking me, all I wanted was to enjoy dinner with my family.

"Kirito-"

"PLEASE STOP!" I bang a fist on the table. Everyone stopped at the scene. "Can we please discuss one thing at a time?" I sigh. I was about to ask if we can eat in silence instead.

"The Dark territory proposed a peace treaty we need you to look at, Kirito. The basis is marriage. That's why we need reinforcements. We are sending you there." Liena sipped her soup.

"Marriage? Between who?"

"You or a higher up and someone of their court." The girls we met seem nice.

"I can't get married. What about Leafa? She's a Princess technically."

"Hey!" Leafa shouts.

"Leafa is too young. She just turned 17. The age has to be 18 or older. They don't have anyone young enough for the single women here."

"This is a joke right?". There's no way that the day I find out I'm already married, the council would decide to arrange a marriage for me.

"We could get you out if it, if you were already married to someone here."

Stacia save me.

All the girls looked at me.

"What about me?" Ronye asked shyly.

"Ronye, you've served under me for a while, that would seem like abuse of power." She was ready to interject until another girl spoke up.

"What about Sinon?" Leafa asked.

"NO!" Sinon objected. Thank goodness. It would be... awkward. She's also 17.

"Can we address the adults only please?" I ask reminding people to not bring up me and a minor. I'm a 20 year old man, those years in between matter.

"Alice could work?" Her sister Selka suggested.

"Alice does seem like the better choice." Our blacksmith Liz was more reserved than usual.

"Liz, you could marry too. You are 19 now." Our animal tamer Keiko chimed. The best friends seemed at odds but I'm not going to get in the middle of that.