Chapter 5: The Savage Scarlet

WARNING! ANOMALY IS CONFIRMED TO BE THREAT LEVEL 7! CAUTION IS ADVISED!

Leon cursed his luck. Everything was going so well. He had punched through the enemy lines, devastated over 80% of the enemy forces, and even got revenge on the damn bastard that had tormented him. Then this thing just happened to show up out of nowhere and could potentially grow into a massive disaster. One thing became clear for both Leon and LUXION. They had to take it down.

"LUXION! Get the Type C armors out of there along with the Type Bs! Have the Type A armors form up far away from it! Don't fire until you bring in the fleet close enough to bombard this place. We can't let it leave."

Leon commanded before he glared at the Scarlet Savage that had just killed one of the pirate's armor that had unfortunately been in its path.

"I'll go make sure it stays in place."

"I advise you to be cautious, commander. If it manages to assimilate Arrogance-"

"I know LUXION. Just focus on moving the fleet into position but don't fire until then, with the Scarlet Savage obtaining those boosters it will be able to close in the distance before anything we got can kill it."

"Yes, commander!"

Leon then focused his attention on the Savage Scarlet and the unknown mech returned its gaze.

The two stared down at each other, sizing their opponent and trying to search for weaknesses.

It was intense. Both did not move yet both looked ready to launch themselves at each other.

Leon already knows the advantages Arrogance has, he had designed the thing himself, along with its disadvantages. He knows what to do to hide the mech's weaknesses along with how to exploit its strengths. Yet against an unknown opponent like this one, he had to be cautious.

The goal was to buy time.

The fight began, Arrogance bursts through the air at high speeds toward the Scarlet Savage, who met its advance with its own.

The two mechs met in the middle, sparks flying into the air when Arrogance's wrist blades and Scarlet Savage's long claws clashed against each other.

The enemy armor strikes fast, swiping and stabbing rapidly like a real animal while Arrogance dodges and parries the attacks.

Some of them managed to bypass his guard but the energy shield surrounding Arrogance's frame stopped them. Angered by this, the Scarlet Savage primes its thrusters before dashing forward, its claws readied to pierce through steel.

Leon saw this and reacted at the last second, controlling his armor to dodge to the side, letting the enemy fly past him, yet it didn't let up.

It fired its thrusters and charged at him again. Leon tried to dodge it but the enemy armor unexpectedly stopped right in front of him and grabbed onto Arrogance's arm.

'Shit!', Leon cursed before his armor was thrown back down onto the earth. It landed with a crash in the debris of the ruined fortress, creating a cloud of dust that obscured his vision.

He switched to infrared, just in time to see the Scarlet Savage barreling down on Arrogance. Gritting his teeth, he rolled his armor to the left, narrowly missing getting his mech's chest pierced by sharp steel claws.

The Scarlet Savage turned its head, only to be met with a strong kick that threw it off its feet. It tumbled back, giving Arrogance enough time to stand back up.