Of Jewelry

It had been 2 weeks since Jedediah had gifted Octavius with gems, and the general had been working hard to turn the gifts into something Jedediah would cherish for a while— some jewelry. Namely, a ring.

No, he wasn't proposing— it was originally supposed to be matching relationship bracelets— but the bracelets were uncomfortable and it was easier to make a ring.

They would both have one each. Octavius would have a quartz ring and Jedediah would have an amethyst ring.

Octavius looks back at his progress. It wasn't easy to make jewelry, he quickly noticed when he began.

The general had finally finished the rings. They were perfect. Octavius figured that his finger size was about the same as his— he just hoped he was correct in his assumption, or 2 weeks that could've been used for more productive matters were wasted. Not that making a ring for you and your best friend who was also your boyfriend wasn't productive.

Octavius carefully placed the rings in a pocket somewhere and started his walk to the West.

Technically, he could've used the train. The cowboys had built train-tracks into Rome recently, for convenience. But it would've given him less time to plan out this whole encounter. It very well could end up very awkward— after all, he was giving him a ring.

Octavius sighed and climbed up to the West.

"Howdy Octavius," a voice said when he climbed into Rome. "Lookin' fer Jed?"

"Salve, Alonzo. How are Jonah and Lucas? And yes, I am."

"They're doin' good. Anyways, Jed is workin' on the train, it suddenly stopped workin' all of a sudden. Weird, eh?" Alonzo told him.

"Thank you," Octavius said as he walked off. I guess I wouldn't have been able to ride the train, anyway.

"Jedediah!" Octavius exclaimed happily as soon as he saw Jed.

"Octy!" The cowboy responded. "Whatcha doing?"

"Nothing much. Here, I have something to give you!" He smiled.

Octavius pulled a ring out of his pocket. "Octy... what?"

There were gasps and stares coming from the other cowboys.

"Damn, they've only been dating for a month!"

"...did I just win a bet?"

Jedediah grumbled. "Boys! Shut up!"

"Uh... anyways Oct, what's uh, what's this for?"

"A friendship ring! I was planning to make, uh, a bracelet, but it was uncomfortable. Plus, a ring's sort of easier to make." Octavius explained.

"Oh," Jedediah muttered. "Thanks," He said, putting the ring on.

"See? We have matching ones, I have a quartz and you have an amethyst!" Octavius proclaims, showing Jed his ring.

"...are these made of the gems I got you?"

"...Yes. I still have the gems, don't worry— I just wanted to turn them into something else."

————————————

Jonah and Lucas stopped. "What's that?" Lucas asked.

"I don't know," Jonah said.

Jedediah lifted his hand, revealing a ring. Octavius moved his hand, and a ring was also placed on his finger.

Jonah's jaw dropped. "Gigantor!!!"

A/N: You'll be seeing more of the Sailors, Mayans... Alonzo, Jonah, and Lucas... I can tell you that ;)