Lin's Pov: Trust.

My body floats. A cold liquid surrounds me. Where am I? Something is attached to my mouth. My arms are too weak to move. I can't take it off…

A small dime comes from above me. Suddenly I'm thrown forward on a cold tiled floor. Water splashes around me leaving me on my knees soaked. I open my eyes to bright light. 

No. Not again. I can't do this again. 

I swing my head to look behind me. A human-sized capsule. 

No. This isn't happening. 

Without hesitation, I stand up and immediately back up against a cold wall. My chest heaves as I try to make sense of what's happening. I bring my hand up to my face and- 

It's pale white. Human. Human hands. 

My legs move on their own. I sprint towards the metal door at the end of the room and I brace myself for impact. The door slides upwards opening before I reach it. I trip and stumble through the doorway and land face first in-

Grass.

I scramble to my feet and look behind me. The lab is gone. What is happening? 

I'm in a backyard of some sort. A small gated white fence surrounds the yard. In the middle of it is a small girl playing on a home playground. She's swinging. Alone. Her back is facing me as she gently swings. It's that girl. The girl from the photo. My gut twists. Suddenly her head turns to look at me. I stare. The girl's eyes widen. She screams. 

"DAD! THERE'S A MONSTER!"

I'm not a monster…!

My body shakes uncontrollably. I look down and see it covered in white fur. 

A man comes running out of the house. 

"GET THE HELL AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER!"

He steps in front of the young girl with his arms out. He's trying his best to seem brave. But by the way, his eyes are widened. The way his aged hands shake. He's afraid. Afraid of me. 

I collapse to the ground. My mind can't take anymore. My paws grip my head as I curl up.

THIS ISN'T REAL.

HUMANITY IS GONE. THEY'RE ALL DEAD. 

YOU'RE THE LAST HUMAN. 

YOU ARE THE LAST HUMAN. 

Lin….?

YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A MONSTER. 

YOU'RE NOT EVEN HUMAN. 

Lin!

YOU SHOULD'VE DISAPPEARED WITH THEM. 

DIED WITH THEM.

HUMAN WAKE UP!

My eyes shoot open. Puro is staring down at my eyes full of worry. His figure is barely Illuminated by the early morning. 

"Lin are you ok? You were shaking horribly in your sleep. Did you have a nightmare…?

My mouth won't open. I just stare up into his cloudy pupils. My throat tightens. I hide my face from him. I don't want him to see me like this. I wipe the tears from my eyes with the back of my soft paw. 

"Yeah….I had…a nightmare."

My voice is shaky. 

Puro offers his arms out to me. For once he isn't smiling or flustered. His whole demeanor is different. He whispers "Come here, Lin."