v. demogorgon's dessert

chapter five

chapter five .  .  . demogorgon's dessert

DUSTIN HENDERSON WAS ON A MISSION TO FIND HIS FRIENDS — who hadn't communicated for the past two days. He had pulled up to the Wheeler's house on his bike in hope of finding Mike, even willing to settle on receiving help from Nancy. Making his up to the door, he was left with useless answers from Mr. Wheeler — no one was home. However, his disappointment had immediately disappeared when seeing a similar car pull up to the curb.

Steve Harrington had hopped out of his car, holding a bouquet of roses, mumbling a planned out apology under his breathe as he stalked up to the Wheeler's home. His initial plan was to talk to Nancy properly with the whole break up, and how badly it ended.

Realising that he had no other person to ask for help, Dustin rushed over to the boy. "Steve." He stalked over to him, "Are those for Mr. or Mrs. Wheeler?"

Looking down at the bundle of flowers, he answered. "No." Dustin snatched the bouquet out from his palm, making his way towards his car. Steve started to spill profanities at the younger Henderson — it was ruining his whole plan. "Hey. What the hell? Hey!"

Dustin ignored him, speaking over his shoulder. "Nancy isn't home."

Steve creased his brows in confusion. "Where is she?"

"Doesn't matter. We have bigger problems than your love life. Do you still have that bat?"

"Bat? What bat?"

"The one with the nails? The one you stole from my sister?" Dustin urged, trying to jog the boy's memory.

"Woah, woah. I saved your sister's ass with that bat."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Speaking of Josie: Do you have any idea where she is?"

"At work? Why?"

"I'll explain on the way." Without another word, Dustin slid into the passenger seat of Steve Haddington's car, waiting for the boy to hop in. "Now!" He impatiently exclaimed, causing Steve to scramble back up to the curb, throwing himself in the car.

Just a mile away from the Wheeler household, Josie Henderson was pent up in the middle of her work shift, completely clueless to the agenda that she was about to be addressed with.

"Have a nice day." The teenager slid the VHS tape across the counter, with a printed receipt displayed on the top, giving it to the customer with a small smile. Turning back to her open novel on the counter, the sound of screeching tyres of a car was heard from the parking lot, causing her eyes to shoot over at the store door, her nerves peeking at the idea of Billy possibly walking in to address her about the party. But to her relief she was met with the sight of her brother and best friend throwing open the door in an urgent manner. "What's going—" She started.