The Week With No Signs Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

"Elise? You're worried about Elise right now? The first witch eradicated her entire team. I think we have bigger fish to fry than Elise." Jungkook spoke to Ella in a less aggressive tone as he sat across from her.

"Guys—"

"Wait...what do you mean eradicated? Luther's gone?" Walker questioned

"They're all gone. Half of your damn squad." Seena answered

"Guys I—" Taehyung kept trying although being ignored

"Can you say SOMETHING?!" Jimin

"Enough!" Your father shouted, "Enough; all of you. Ganging up on Ella is not the answer and questioning her loyalty isn't right either. Let's remember that her husband is in there too. We all have someone to lose. It sucks and it's frustrating but if I trust anyone, it's Ella. Now, it's early and Areum is still resting. So I suggest you all shut up, eat your breakfast and find something to do until Ella is ready to execute her plan.." he glanced around the now silent group before taking a soft breath and exiting the room.

"Seena, a walk?" Walker questioned

"Uh...Uh yeah..sure." Seena answered before they exited the room.

"Aunt Ella—"

"You heard Mr. Kim, Jungkook. Leave her be for now." Yoongi said before he rose from his seat and exited.

Jungkook stood from the table, leaving without a word and quickly Jimin followed after him, mumbling about how he shouldn't be alone because he's the most sensitive.

"So you're really not going to say anything?" Hoseok inquired,

Ella continued to eat her eggs, only staring at the table.

Hoseok scoffed before making his own exit with Felix leaving not long after him.

Taehyung took a breath and stood from his seated position on the windowsill and walked over to the table before sitting beside Ella.

"Did you see it?" Ella asked nonchalantly without looking up from her plate.

"She hasn't found him yet and she seems to be losing hope." Taehyung answered

"Have you been practicing your power? Have you made any progress?"

"I can see her but she still can't see me. I thought astral projection was supposed to  be better...I feel like I'm not doing anything—"

"Everything you're doing is correct Taehyung. Just keep practicing, okay?" She said softly

"O—okay...Aunt Ella...are you okay?"

"I'm fine, why would you ask?" She answered quickly, lifting her head to face Taehyung.

He could finally see her red eyes and the bags underneath them. She hadn't slept and she'd been crying.

"I—I just wanted to make sure—"

"I'm fine Taehyung." She stood abruptly and gathered her dishes, "Work on your powers." She finished before walking away quickly towards the kitchen.

Taehyung only nodded, leaning back into the chair and watching her body disappear around the corner.

***

Ella went straight from the kitchen to her bedroom. She slowly closed the door and locked it. With a deep breath she cried only a little.

In truth, Ella wasn't sure they could save you. This wasn't Elise and one of her stupid plans. This was the first witch. The witch who quite literally started it all. They weren't as powerful as her, not even with all of them combined. They'd need help from you but even Ella knew you'd have no idea on what to do.

She was making Taehyung practice so that if a plan arose you'd know about it. But what plan? There wasn't one and the patience that the boys, your parents and your friends had was wearing thin.

***

Namjoon and Jin walked into the home with grocery bags seeing Taehyung meditating on the couch but no signs of anyone else.

Immediately they went into the kitchen, Jin ordered Namjoon to wash dishes while he put the groceries away.

It was something they'd been doing since they were kids. Amongst the silence, they felt a presence staring at them and looked towards the hallway. An immediate grimace painted their faces before they went back to what they were doing.

"It's been a week..."

"Elise—" Namjoon tried to speak

"Mama—"

"You don't get to be called that name anymore." Jin said cutting her off

She chuckled sadly, "Look, I know I'm bad but what do you expect? I literally got stuck with all the bad magic of the first witch..."

Namjoon continued washing the dishes and Jin continued with the groceries.

She walked a little further into the room, "I know I don't deserve forgiveness—"

"Oh no? Who would've guessed? Not like you tried to kill us or anything." Yoongi said slightly, entering the room by walking passed her.

"I've been dealing with this since I was a child—"

"We've been dealing with you since we were children. Your trauma didn't give you the right to cause us trauma." Namjoon said sternly

"Look, you're here to help us get Ara back, other than that we don't need to speak to you." Jin spoke softly

Yoongi leans against a counter and folded his arms, "It's too late. Sure, the first witch granted you all of her evil powers but she didn't make you evil. You did that yourself."

"Powers are a strong manipulator—"

"You taught us that our powers are ruled by our emotions. Sounds to me like you're just making more excuses." Jin said, finally glancing at her.

She smiled sadly, "Like I said, I know I don't deserve your forgiveness. But..I'm still going to try and get it." With that, she exited the room leaving the three men by themselves.

"If it comes down to it, I will choose Ara over her. Even if it means—"

"We know Yoongi...we agree." Namjoon replied, glancing at his brother.

"No Hyung?" Jin asked jokingly

"Not the time." Namjoon spoke in a stern voice but his face showed he too found it a tad funny.
————————————————————
*a/n I'm back and baby girl has been born! She's two weeks old and loves to smile and babble.

Gonna try and finish DMC this week and then start Kings And Queens. Fingers crossed my bears.💜💜