Chapter 15

I was sitting in an all white room. The room was empty, except for a small metal bench sitting in the corner of the room. The walls were bare, not even a door was present. 

It would be a lie to say that I wasn't scared. I was. I was terrified that, maybe, I would die, 'what if I already am dead?' a voice in the back of my head whispers. I push it aside and lie down on the ground.

When I had came to the room I had realized that my clothes had changed, I was no longer wearing my brown trousers, but tight white denim pants. My shirt was white and hung loose of my body. My hair was pushed out of my face with a white piece of cloth. 

I close my eyes and place my hands on my temples, letting my mind wander. What was Louis doing at the moment? Was he with me, the body version of me? Was he crying in his bedroom? Had he already forgotten about me?

There was a terrible pounding in my head as I lay down. I press my palms into my forehead, hoping that it would relieve some of the pressure, but it doesn't. 

"What are you doing here?" A voice asks. I turn and see Zayn, my fairy god-brother. He wore a white shirt and a white jacket. His familiar expression furrows as he looks me up and down, clearly not impressed to see me here.

"I have no clue," I admit as I stand to greet him. I take a seat on the bench and he follows, sitting next to me.

"You know, it's not your time yet," Zayn informs me. My body freezes. It wasn't my time? If it wasn't my time to die, then why was I here? I wasn't sure if I was supposed to trust him or not, sure he was a fairy, but did he really know anything concerning my time of death? 

"Yeah well, what am I doing here then?" I ask sassily. Zayn frowns, pushing his hair back with his hands, clearly stressed. 

"I have no idea, but I know you're not going to die. I guess it's just a waiting game," He sighs.

"How long do I have to stay here for?" I didn't want to be stuck here when my life was out of this room. I wanted to see Gemma and I wanted to be with Louis, but I can't do that from this room. 

"I have no idea, I don't deal with death and life. I'm a fairy, not a prophet," He snaps.

"Yeah well, it's kind of boring in here," I say, hearing the annoyance creep into my voice. I try my best not to scream or cry because I knew it wouldn't do anything. Being sassy wouldn't help any either, but it was an outlet for my pent up emotions. 

"I have a game if you want it," He says.

"At this point I'll take anything," I admit.

~_~_~

"Got to say you are a fabulous artist," I compliment. Zayn and I were lying sprawled on the floor coloring pictures from a children's book. Thankfully, Zayn had managed to find some crayons, other than white, to use.

I finish the last couple of scribbles on my Hippo before showing it off to Zayn. When I do he grins and nods his head approvingly. 

"Nice, I like what you did with the little ball," He says, pointing at the ball the Hippo was balanced on. I scout closer to Zayn to see what he was coloring. I gasp as I see a circus clown decorated in black ink and piercings.

"What did you do to the poor guy?" Zayn shrugs and adds an eyebrow ring to the clown's face. 

"I thought it was cool," He admits quietly.

"I mean...I guess. It's kind of creepy too...a clown with piercings on his face," I respond. I avert my eyes off the clown, too scared of it to look at it any longer. 

"So, what now?" Zayn asks. I shrug, Zayn had agreed on staying with me to pass the time since he had nothing better to do.

I stop as I see something move in the corner of the room. It was like a flash of something brown, but as soon as I see it, it was gone. I blink, shaking my head, getting the image out of my mind. It was an illusion. It would be impossible for anyone to get in here, right? 

Zayn and I talk, and as we do, I see flashes of color. At one point it looked as if there was a lady standing by the bench checking someone's pulse, but they had to be dreams. 

"What's wrong?" Zayn asks. I had been staring at the bench behind Zayn, fascinated with the faint outlines of people walking around it.

"I'm seeing something weird," I admit. I rub my head and the vision is gone. We talk for a while longer, and I try to hide the discomfort I feel in my eyes and head, but Zayn seemed to be catching up on it.

"Are you sure something's not--" He doesn't get to finish his statement.

Louis, in full color, bursts into the room and I instantly see the infirmary. I see myself laying in a bed where the bench had been. Ladies walked around my body checking me out. I see Louis push past the nurses to look at me, and I almost break down in tears as I see the look on his face.

"My pauper is going to be alright," He whispers.