♡26♡

"You have to keep the headphones on and keep your eyes close! When I stop the music you can turn around and open your eyes for the surprise." Jeongguk exclaims and gives the headphones to Taehyung.

"Okay." Taehyung chuckles. Jeongguk makes him face the window and rushes outside of the room after playing the song on his phone.

Taehyung has a big smile on his lips as he jumps in excitement slightly while waiting for his boyfriend and the surprise.

After a few moments, the song stops and Taehyung immediately takes off the headphones and turns around, his eyes widening in disbelief at the sight.

Jeongguk was holding a pomeranian in his arms, a huge smile on his face because he was sure Taehyung would love the surprise as he deserves for being selected at the company as an art designer and having access to use art as he desires.

"Oh my God!" Taehyung exclaims as he rushes towards them and holds the dog in his hands.

"He's so adorable." Taehyung coos, his eyes tearful as he holds him up. The pup yelps in excitement as well, already getting comfortable with him according to the excited little barks.

"Gukkie! Thank you so much!" Taehyung yells and with one arm around him, he hugs him and then pecks his lips multiple times, kissing him deeply then.

"I've always wanted a pet!" Taehyung says as he takes a twirl with the pup in his arms.

Jeongguk smiles, warmth filling his chest seeing his lover happy and excited. He wouldn't want anything else than happiness and love for Taehyung and to be with him through it all.

"I've already decided a name!" Taehyung says.

"Yeontan." Taehyung says and Jeongguk smiles.

"My little baby tannie." Taehyung coos.

Taehyung keeps holding Yeontan as Jeongguk sets up everything needed for him. His little home, play area and the toys, feeds etc that he had asked from a specialist.

Taehyung lets the dog play for a moment as he runs upto Jeongguk, circling his arms around his neck as Jeongguk does the same around Taehyung's waist.

"I love you so much." Taehyung whispers, his smile and eyes bright. Jeongguk beams at that, heart stutters just like it did the very first time the words were spoken to him like a magic.

"I love you." Jeongguk says, speaks low but not a whisper and Taehyung giggles, feeling the butterflies swarm in his belly.

"Thank you for today. You have no idea how happy you made me feel." Taehyung says.

"Seeing you happy, what more could I ask for baby. I'd do anything for you." Jeongguk confesses and Taehyung hits him playfully but he knows his lower speaks the truth.

"And so will I, in a heartbeat." Taehyung utters, playing with hair on Jeongguk's nape.

"And you say I'm he cheesy one." Jeongguk says.

"You started it." Taehyung says against Jeongguk's lips and doesn't wait for the reply as he kisses him, and their every kiss feels like a promise on one another's lips.

They bask, live and thrive this promise, on their love.

They're too engrossed in their make out that they don't realise the ball of fluff practically trying to chew on Jeongguk's leg.

"What---". Jeongguk utters as he looks down and finds Yeontan trying to bite onto his pants and push him away.

"Hey, little one. What's wrong?" Jeongguk kneels down to pick him up only to have Yeontan bark at him and stand in front of Taehyung, continues barking.

Taehyung looks at Jeongguk who's confused.

"Tannie, what's wrong?" Taehyung picks him up. Just to test, Jeongguk gets close but Yeontan gets defensive again.

"Woah! This isn't what I thought would happen." Jeongguk says and glares at the dog playfully.

"He's mine first and way before you." Jeongguk says accusing.

"I'm sure it's momentary." Taehyung says.

And it didn't turn out to be momentary because Yeontan has created some serious rivalry with him and Jeongguk was fine with it but he's become a kid while taking the pup as a rival as well after he peed in his shoes.

And Taehyung wouldn't be lying if he isn't enjoying it. His stomach starts hurting sometimes because of laughing so much watching the two have a glaring contest.

He wouldn't trade this little home of happiness for anything in his life.

-----------------