Chapter 18

(Pokemon is not mine and the picture above is a screenshot from the anime.
"talking"
'thinking'
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

Ash was scowling at a bunch of girls who were talking rudely to Iris, 'Stat calm, stay calm... Oh, I know.'

Ash smirked and got up, "Iris, are you done talking to these nobodies?"

Moira the leader twitched annoyed, "Hey you! Who are you calling a nobody?"

Ash pointed at them dramatically, "You are just a low level noble. Iris is a fucking Queen. Stop wasting her time, you nobody."

Cilan caught on, "He is right, you know? You should not waste your time on low life nobles."

Iris, "Well, she did challenge me though so... "

Ash gave a dramatic sigh, "How troublesome! A low life noble pretending to be important."

Moira's face became red in anger, "You! That's enough out of you. I challenge you to a Pokemon battle."

Ash gave her a look before turning to Iris and telling her to crush her. Iris gave a grin and nodded announcing it would be a one on one all out battle. Suffice to say Iris won that bout hands down and Moira left in a huff followed by her cronies.

Ash feeling petty shouted, "And that's why Iris is a Queen not a low bred noble."

Iris's cheeks turned red in embarrassment, "Ash stop!"

Cilan, "Nah! Ash is correct actually. If you can't eat it, don't dish it."

Iris just sighed and smiled deciding to just go with the flow and move on. They decided to move on towards Vertress City instead. They came across many trainers who were interested in double battles. The three of them battled the trainers taking turns to battle together and met Rocko and Soren. The two were the most interesting battle pair among all the challengers.

After that, they came across or rather visited the dragon village and Iris was jumped by the dragon Pokemon. Iris gave a loud oof and started to laugh as the dragon Pokemon happily greeted her. Iris laughed as she sat up and greeted the Pokemon who were happy and excited to see her. Iris's Dragonite grunted and picked Iris out of the group and grunted at the Pokemon.

Iris, "I missed you all too."

"Iris is that you?"

Iris, "Dad? You are home?"

Iris's dad grinned, "Only for a week, I am glad, I decided to come home. I got to see you again. My name is Percy, it's nice to meet my daughter's friends."

Cilan, "Iris is a wonderful friend, and I'm glad to get to know her."

Ash nodded, "Yes, she is a good trainer and friend."

Percy bowed to Ash, "Thank you for watching over my daughter, Lugia's chosen. I am deeply grateful."

Ash, "Ah! There is no need to thank me, sir. Iris here has been a great friend and has been guiding me through Unova. We basically help each other out."

As they were talking the village leader walked out and greeted them, welcoming them to the dragon village. The village elder called Iris over to talk to her in private for a while. She told her she had been keeping tabs on Iris through the gym leaders and that she was very proud of her. Iris blushed under the praise and the elder mentioned her Uncle Drayden was waiting for her.

Iris gulped as she stood in front of Drayden's gym, "I can do this."

Ash, "Hey Iris. If you are uncomfortable, we can come back later."