Volume 4, Extra 01: When Happiness Comes Around

Ojou-sama. What are you doing with those sweets?

Sensei came just before noon. She gifted me them then.

After lunch in the laboratory, Cordelia put the basket of sweets made by Fulvia on the table. Ronnie stared at the sweets as he said, Ooh.

Today, Cordelia discussed the mobile library plan, which had been interrupted last time, with Elvia and Fulvia before noon. I wouldnt say that the second meeting was peaceful, but they werent strangely tense.

(The mood would have changed a little if Otou-sama had smiled a little more.)

Otou-sama would have smiled when he was little, so Obaa-sama would know what he looks like when he smiles. Perhaps, it was hard for him to make an awkward vibrant expression because I was there, but it was hard to leave since I had put them together. Or, his poker-face might be frozen because hes had it for so long.

Obaa-sama didnt seem to mind, and it would be unfortunate if I break the mood with my weird concern. I just wont worry about it too much. No matter how expressionless he is, Otou-sama will laugh when he wants to. And, his aura was gentle, so thats enough for now.

Theres a lot of sweets in there, but is there perhaps one for me?

Of course. Lets call Lara and Emina too. We can eat it together.

Yay. Thats a butter cookie, isnt it?

Yes. But weve just had lunch, so Ill leave it here until snack time.

Ronnie dropped his shoulders because he wanted to eat it now.

Then, what are you going to do until snack time?

I think Ill carve some soap.

Oh, are you going to do that?

Cordelia smiled wryly at Ronnie who seemed like he wanted to say hed forgotten. I couldnt get around to it, so Ive only worked on it a bit by thinking of the design.

Why dont you join me, Ronnie?

Id like to see it when its finished, so please tell me when its done.

Ronnie responded indifferently, but she didnt mind since he had said he wasnt interested in making it before.

(Now, lets get started.)

There are different methods to drafting and carving. For instance, even with flowers, the method for carving roses and chrysanthemum are different. To carve roses you need to overlap the petals together, but for chrysanthemum, you overlap the petals while not letting them touch. Ive also modelled soap after tarts and cakes, but in that case, I would have to carve the patterns faintly into the soap in the same way youd cut patterns into katanuku cookies.

I plan on making prototypes of all the things I remember, to check the condition of the soaps, but thats going to take some time. So, Ill just make what I want to make first.

Cordelia thought, as she took a toolbox from the cupboard. There were soaps and a knife, which she had prepared beforehand, and a small, shallow, wooden box inside.

Ojou-sama, youre carving soap, arent you? Whatre you using the box for?

Im not going to be using this as a box, Im going to be using this as a wooden frame. I thought I could make a wreath if I line up the carved soap in this.

Of course, it would be beautiful even if I just make the wreath with soap, but its challenging to think of the design, and its difficult to make since a lot of connecting motifs are needed. I dont dare to try it since its my first time making it in this body and I dont know how the soaps are.

✔DROP!! A TALE OF THE FRAGRANCE PRINCESSजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें