interviews

y/n pov: the police asked me lots of different questions and i told them everything.

it's been two days. my mom is insisting i come home but i don't wanna leave. cousins is my second home. i've come here since i was 2. at the doctor, they said i'm not pregnant but i do need time to heal, so i can't swim :(. i love swimming. i was very upset about it. conrad hasn't left my side since it happened. i enjoy it but at the same time i don't need him there 24/7.

"conrad, thanks for helping me. it really means a lot." i said. he smiled. "it's no problem. i should've stopped him." he said. "no it's my fault. i shouldn't have gotten in that car." i said. he shook his head and grabbed my hand and looked me in my eyes. "this is not your fault. it's that jerk bags fault. he's gonna rot in jail." he said. i nodded and then we went downstairs. "it's okay let's just not talk about it today." i said. he nodded. susannah had pancakes made because it was belly's birthday. "happy birthday belly!" i said. i hugged her and she said thanks. i got her a bracelet that says belly on it in diamonds and it's silver. she loved it.

later that day i was asked by belly if i wanted to go with her to the store to get out of the house. "yes actually i really want to." i said. "i'm coming too." conrad said. i chuckled. "it's okay conrad i'll be fine." i said. he sighed. "call me if anything happens." he says. i nod and we leave.

we go to lots of different stores and just talk. "y/n, i think conrad likes you. he hasn't left your side." belly said. i smiled. "i don't know. i think he's just being sweet." i replied. "i just wish y'all wouldn't walk on eggshells around me." i said. she nodded. we kept talking about various things and her a jeremiah.
when we arrived home, the boys were setting up a table for belly's party that night. we invited lots of people to her party. we practically invited all of cousins. i was excited, but conrad was on edge. he wouldn't stop talking about how there's gonna be so many people and blah blah. i think he needs to just ask me out already because he acts like my boyfriend. "conrad. it's gonna be okay i promise." i'll stay in sight." i giggled. he rolled his eyes. "fine." he said.

that night at the party i actually dressed up. i curled my hair and put makeup on. it was belly's birthday i had to look good. she's my best friend. i went downstairs where all the people were and did a double take. there was so many people there my mouth gaped open. i squeezed myself outside to the table belly was at. "dang girl your popular." i said. she laughed. "i don't even know half these people." she said. i laughed. susannah loves to go all out for these sort of things. this is her thing. the party turned out amazing. conrad sat in the corner the whole time reading.

two weeks later:
conrad has eased up. i can pretty much do whatever i want these days without conrad being up in my grill. but i do think we've gotten a lot closer. he has become more of the conrad i used to know. he is silly like he used to be. i truly love conrad. i think he's the one. no i know he is the one.

one night i walk in his room and he's playing guitar. he stops and he looks up at me. "hey" i said. "hey."he replied. it was kinda quiet. "y/n." he said. his tone sounded like he was gonna cry. "what is it?" i asked. "i-i-i have to tell you something." he said. conrad never stutters. he was really nervous. "what what. what is it?" i asked. "i am so in love with you it hurts me. you are all the i think about and i just wanna be with you all the time. i've loved you ever since i saw you for the first time." he said. my mouth gaped open. then i saw his tears fall. i hugged him. "i love you so much conrad." i said while i held him. we just held each other and it was amazing.
after we broke apart he kissed me. it was passionate and it was needing. he needed me. i needed him. it was beautiful. we just kissed and held each other. it was just love.

the next day i woke up in his bed. we didn't do anything except kiss. "good morning." he said in his morning voice. i smiled and said it back. i sat up and then the door opened and laurel walked in. "y/n. i need you to come downstairs." she said. she was serious. something was wrong. we walked downstairs and everyone seemed to be freaked out. "um, the police station called and the guy that raped you got out of jail. they don't know how but he's gone. they're searching for him right now." susannah said. i felt my stomach drop. i could feel the tears welling up. "what?" i said. the tears were falling. "i'm so sorry honey." susannah said.

tbc...