Chapter 5

KEN

Why should I be the one to always do errands? There are a lot who's also capable to do things so why me? Isa pa, magrerelay lang naman ng message so bakit ako pa? Sometimes, I couldn't get my professors. I don't know if they like me dahil lagi nilang bukambibig ang pangalan ko or they actually hate me dahil ang dami nilang pinagagawa sakin. Tsk.

Nasaan na ba yung office ng dept. adviser dito? I whisper to myself.

I am already in the top floor. I roamed my eyes around. Where the hell it is located? I should've asked for directions before coming here. Stupid!

Patuloy lang ako sa paglalakad ng may nakita akong nakahandusay sa tapat ng isang pinto. Dali dali ko itong nilapitan.

I smell a familiar scent coming from the person that was lying on the floor.

I flipped him over. There, I saw who it was.

This is the guy who damaged my beloved car and doesn't pay up yet. Well... basically it's his brother who did it but anyways, why the fvck is he on the floor. Tumingin ako sa itaas. It says 'infirmary', so he must be sick.

Kinuha ko ang kamay niya at pinilit siyang itayo. Luckily, I was able to lift him. He's not that heavy though. Binuksan ko ang pinto at ipinasok siya dito. Hinanap ng mata ko ang nurse pero wala akong nakita.

Why everybody disappears when you need them the most??

I found a bed at agad siyang inihiga dito. Wala pa rin itong malay pero makikita ang pagbigat ng paghinga nito.

Damn!! Where is the nurse here? She's supposed to took care when someone isn't feeling well but she's nowhere to be found! How incompetent!!

I can feel that my blood is starting to boil.

Me and this guy are maybe not in good terms but I still can't keep my composure if i'm seeing him like this. He's short-tempered, arrogant and all pero pakiramdam ko, there's somehow connection between the two of us. And I don't know why but he seems really familiar to me. I felt like i've seen him before. Bago pa kami magkaharap on that street.

I saw that he's starting to be out of breath. I panicked.

What do I do? What do I do?

Hindi man tama pero nagkalkal na ako sa loob ng infirmary. I checked everything that might help kahit na wala akong alam sa mga drugs na nakikita ko. I search if they had the same suppressors that I take in my condo but unfortunately, there was none. Damnit!!!

I throw him a glance and he's getting worse. His scent is also getting stronger. Fvcked!!

Lumabas ako ng infirmary. I'll try finding that goddamn nurse myself. Pababa na ako ng hagdan nang nakakita ako ng babaeng nakauniform ng puti. Siguro ito na yun. She must be cause i'm pissed.

I walked towards her.

"Hello. What can I d--" her sentence was cut off because I grabbed her arm and aggressively drag her to the infirmary.

She was yelping to let go of her but I became deaf for the moment.

I pushed the door and throw her inside. The room was already filled by pheromones but my body can still endure it. The nurse was shocked because of my actions but she wasn't affected by the smell of this guy. She's a beta. That's for sure.

"Do.something." I know she can't sense my pheromones but my glare was enough to snap her 'shocked' self out.

Nagmamadali itong kumuha ng isang capsule na nakalagay sa bottle na nasa drawer. She put it in his mouth. Sinundan niya ito ng gapatak na tubig.

Makalipas ang ilang minuto, unti unting naging normal ang paghinga nito. I heaved a sigh.

May mga ibang alpha pala na nakakaranas ng ganito katinding rut. Well, I experienced this also but surely I can manage myself. While him, he even can't handle it. What if I wasn't on the premises? What if the nurse didn't came back after an hour or two? He is so careless. How could he? Kung alam naman niya na nagiging ganito siya sa tuwing sasapit ang rut niya, he should've prepared himself everytime. Kanina, at some point, I thought he's going to die. How can my conscience take that? He's really a pain in the ass.

I looked at him. He's peacefully sleeping. Mukha naman siyang mabait, pag tulog nga lang.

"U-Uhm-m. E-Excuse me." tawag sa atensyon ko ng nurse.

Pinaningkitan ko siya ng tingin. "What?!" i'm still pissed at her. She neglects her one and only job. Put a life on edge.

I saw her tremble. She should be.

"Y-You need t-t-to fill this f-form for the r-r-record of the p-patient." nauutal na sabi nito.

She handed me a logbook and a pen.

"I don't know who is that guy." I said.

"Y-You can write y-yours." utos muli nito.

I wrote: Ken Suson - 21 years old - Alpha - Architecture - 09xxxxxxxxx

I gave it back to her. "A-Are you g-going to s-stay until h-h-he wakes up?" pag uusisa nito. I gave her a cold look. Am I obliged to answer that?

Nakita kong nataranta ito at agad na lumabas. She needs to mind her own business and just do her job properly.

Tsk.

My phone rang.

"Hello Josh?" I said.

"Where are you bro? The class is about to start. Hindi mo ba mahanap si Mr. Castro?" he asked.

Oh shoot! I forgot!

Nawala sa isip ko na may kailangan nga pala akong sabihin sa adviser nila kaya nandito ako sa building.

"Yeah. I'll go back now. Bye." I dropped the call.

I sighed.

I have to leave. I maybe lazy as hell, but still, I don't want to skip classes.

I walked towards the door. Lumingon muna ako bago tuluyang binuksan ang pinto.

You still owe me... but the helped I do for you today is free of charge. Rest well, I whispered and then get out of the room.

---