- Pinball Vance -

You were currently sitting behind the counter in the local Grab 'n Go, waiting for a certain someone to come and play pinball.

The Grab 'n Go was where you worked part time, mainly in the weekends as you had school on weekdays.

Vance, came and spent his time at the pinball machine throughout your shift times and it was the most amusing thing ever.

He would always grow mad at the machine and give it a few bangs before going right back to playing. You've noticed his anger issues while watching him play. You remember one time when a few boys where playing around and knocked into the pinball machine while Vance was about to beat his highscore. Let's just say, things didn't end very well for the poor boy.

You and Vance are friends, only here though, you don't think you've ever spoken to him at school. Usually it was just the two of you in the Grab 'n Go, you watching him play until a customer needs your service.

Throughout your shifts you've caught a small crush on the hothead. Your friends noticed this when they spotted you staring at him from across the hall in school, they did not approve.

But, you couldn't help who you have feeling for, it just happens.

A familiar jingle of bells makes you snap out of your thoughts and you look over to the entrance, spotting the one and only Vance Hopper and some of his friends making their way right to the pinball machine.

"Hey Vance." You smile.

Vance nods his head. "Hey."

His friends give him a confused look before turning to you with furrowed eyebrows. They expected Vance to tell you to get fucked or fuck off or anything that wasn't along the lines of 'hey'.

You raise your eyebrow at his friends and they turn away, making you, yourself confused.

You make your way out from behind the counter and towards the pinball machine to watch Vance.

"You think you're going to beat your highscore today Vance?" You ask, pushing his friend out of the way and replacing his spot next to Vance.

Vance smiles lightly at your actions before nodding. "Of course I'm gonna fucking beat it."

You nod, watching as he focuses on the game before you feel a hand grab your arm and pull you away.

"Move." His friend pushes you  backwards and takes the spot back, causing you to glare at him.

"What the fuck man." You say, doing the same back to him.

Vance's other friend watches the two of you go back and forth, scared one of you is going to bump into Vance.

And someone does.

You.

The guys pushes you right into Vance, causing the two of you to topple on the floor.

You let out a groan as you feel your head smack the ground.

"Bitch!" Vance yells, his voice rough and you could tell he was furious.

You and the other two boys let out gulps and you watch as Vance looks towards you.

"You okay?"

His words shocked all three of you, Vance Hopper asking if someone was okay, after ruining his score.

You lightly nod, grabbing the back of your head. "Yeah, I think so."

Vance nods before looking at the guy that pushed you and raising to his feet.

You watch in anticipation, feeling like you were sitting on the edge of your seat even though you were on the floor.

Vance makes his way to his friend before picking him up by the shirt and bringing his face close.

"You ruined my score." His voice was low and menacing, sending chills down your spine.

His friend gulps, looking at you.

"Don't look at her. You pushed her. Fucking bitch!" Vance throws the guy onto the floor, making him roll into the magazine stand, knocking the stand over.

"Hey, I'm gonna have to clean that up!" You yell, kinda mad Vance threw him, but mostly great full he didn't blame you, otherwise that would've been you.

Vance grabs the guy and drags him outside, making sure not to knock anything else over before throwing his friend onto the concrete path.

Pedestrians stop to look at the commotion before noticing it was Vance. They all immediately turn their heads, just ignoring the scene and going about the rest of the day.

You watch as Vance's remaining friend scatters outside to watch the fight and you make your way to the magazine stand. Grabbing the metal rack and standing it back up before beginning to pick up the fallen magazines.

You hear the bell jingle but you ignore it, just focusing on the task at hand.

You spot someone begging to help you in the corner of your eye, turning to see who it was, you spot Vance leaning down and grabbing some of the magazines, placing them on the stand.

Once the two of you are done you looks at him to find him already looking at you with a small smile.

"Thank you."

Vance tilts his head lightly, not used to hearing those words directed towards him. Its an odd feeling, but he likes when you talk to him so he doesn't complain. 

"Anytime."

You nod at him before making your way back to the counter, you expect Vance to go back to the Pinball machine but he follows behind you instead.

Looking at him confused, you raise your eyebrow. "Uh, can I help you?"

Vance was now the one to raise an eyebrow, smirking at you lightly. "Kinda rude, but I have a question."

You squint your eyes at him, leaning on the counter so you're a little closer. "And that is?"

"Why don't you talk to me at school?"

You look at him, taking a few seconds to think of a reason. "I– uh, I dont know," you shrug your shoulders. "I guess we just never had a reason to. You hung out with your friends and I hung out with mine."

Vance stares at you for a little bit before shaking his head. "Thats a stupid fucking reason."

You laugh a little before shrugging again. "Yeah, I guess we need to start talking more."

"Go on a date with me."

You choke on your saliva, not expecting such words from Vance Hopper. But, nonetheless you agree, nodding your head.

"When?"

Vance smiles, and you just noticed you've never seen him smile before. Its nice.

"Now?"

You raise your eyebrows before looking at the clock on the wall and puffing out your cheeks. "Well, I get off in about thirty, so I guess you're gonna have to wait til then."

Vance looks at the clock before nodding. "Alright, you know where I'll be." He immediately makes his way over to the Pinball machine and you can't help but smile.

The Vance Hopper just asked you on a date.