Part 38

Its been 3 long weeks... and Niki was losing hope now.

"The sky looks beautiful today don't you think?"

Yep. It was Niki speaking to Jungwon, again. Even though he never got a response, he believed that Jungwon could hear him.

"When you wake up, I'll be by your side, I promise you"

Sunghoon sadly watched the younger communicate with his unconscious boyfriend. Sunoo rested his head on his shoulders and cuddled up to him.

Kim Sunoo had been getting stronger feelings for Sunghoon but didn't want to make a move or anything since they were all mourning for Jungwon.

I miss you won

He sighed. Sunghoon had felt surprisingly really down ever since. Him and Jungwon were never that close but Sunghoon had always had a soft side for the younger, which was why he felt really lost without Jungwon.

Sunoo:"Hyung, please, at least drink some water"

Sunghoon shook his head as Niki watched the two. Niki threw a water  bottle at Sunoo to which Sunoo thanked discreetly.

Sunoo:"Here, I got some water"

Sunghoon sighed, giving up. He quietly thanked Sunoo and skyed the water. In felt much more refreshed, but it didn't help with his emotions.

Sunghoon:"Its been almost a month, I miss Jungwon"

Niki nodded, gripping onto Jungwons hand.

Niki:"I just hope that it doesn't get all serious, I wouldn't know what to do if it got serious"

All the members agreed, and no one felt the urge to talk anymore. Niki eyes started to become droopy, so he layed his head next to Jungwons stomach and closed his eyes silently, still holding onto his lovers hand.

2 hours later

Heeseung shooked Niki rapidly,to which the younger responded to quickly.

"Get up, Jungwon heart is beating inhumanely fast and the doctors needs to check it out!"

Niki eyes widened as he saw the rest of the boys outside whilst the doctors and nurses were rushing around the room to grab some equipment and tools.

Niki panicked and held onto Jungwons hands tightly.

Niki:"N-no I'm not letting go!"

Heeseung sighed. He didn't want to do it the hard way but if the younger didn't leave him with any choice, he'd have to do it anyways.

"Niki, just let go! You're only making things harder"

Niki bit his lips as he choked back his sobs.

"F-fine, I'm going"

The two boys then left the room. Niki was peeking through the door, panicking.

Niki:"Is he dying?!"

Jay engulfed him into a warm hug, rubbing circles on his back soothingly.

Jay:"Niki, Jungwon would want you to stay strong for him"

Niki held onto Jay tightly as he sniffled, fighting against his own tears. The boys watched apprehensively, feeling awful for the boy.

Sunghoon:"Niki, come here"

He patted a seat next to him, which Niki did listen to. He sat next him as Sunghoon wrapped his arms around him. He knew that Niki was always very sensitive but didn't like to show, so the younger might be a little embarrassed right now.

The boys huddled together, hoping for the best of news. Niki heart was doing leaps and jumps, as the butterflies in his stomachs were circling rather fast. He hated this feeling, he hated that he was too late to find out about this,but the situation had to come to him faster than it should have.

He shakily breathed in, which of course didn't go unnoticed by the panicked members. Jay squeezed his hands gently, in a comforting way, trying to console Niki.

At this rate, Niki could be mistaken for having a panic attack, but the younger was just too coped up trying to steady himself.

"P-please make sure nothing happens to him" Niki shakily whispers out.

It was heard by the members loud and clear. All the members related to it, also hoping for the best outcome.

Creak

The door of the room Jungwon was placed in creaked open, making all the members eyes immediantly dart towards it. Niki was the first to get to his feet, followed by the other boys.

The doctor stood there, as all the boys were bombarding questions at him. He himself didn't know how to address the situation.

Doc:"Listen, I cannot answer all these questions at once"

Niki was the first to speak up, grabbing onto the doctor shoulders.

"What happened to him back there?!"

The doctor sighed, fixing up his glasses.

"His heart was beating way too fast for his body. Unfortunately, his body couldn't co-operate with that"

The boys all shared worried glances at each other. Niki tears fell, as his throat felt dry.

"Did he make it?"

"I'm sorry, he unfortunately didn't make it..."

Niki world came crashing before him. He fell to the floor, screaming his heart out as all the members huddled around Niki, all sharing the same grief their youngest was experiencing.

But miracles could happen, and Niki should just wait a little longer...