2. Something Strange

DISCLAIMER: again I dont own Harry Potter, it all belongs to JK Rowling, blah blah blah. The plot in this story is mine but everything else is hers, blah blah blah. Well what are you waiting for? Read already!!!!! :P

Harry caught sight of Hagrid leading the first years inside and waved at him. Hagrid grinned broadly and waved a hand the size of a ham back. Happy to be back home, Harry didn't even mind being screeched at by a very distraught Hermione. Finally she seemed to give up on nagging him senseless and pouted while they walked up to the carriages pulled by Thestrals. Hermione and Ron had just slipped inside one of them when it started to move, leaving Harry to find another one. Ron gave him a frightened look, and Harry smirked a little. No doubt she was still very upset with Malfoy making fun of her, and since he had managed to escape she had to unleash her fury on someone. And that someone happened to be poor Ron.

Harry slipped inside another carriage, and saw Malfoy sauntering over to climb in before Harry could get away. He scowled at the red faced blond but he was ignoring him. He was visibly shaking and he kept darting his eyes towards the direction where he had come from. Harry frowned and looked that way but saw nothing. What was Malfoy freaking about? Not that he cared what happened to his nemisis...

"What's your problem Malfoy?" Harry demanded, studying his flushed face. Malfoy ignored him and squirmed uncomfortably, staring hard at the ground. He pulled absentmindedly at his robes, clearing his throat, and squirming again. Harry actually found it amusing until their shoulders brushed accidently and Malfoy jerked back like he had been stung.

"Merlin's beard Malfoy what's wrong with you?" Harry exclaimed, studying his now greenish face in shock. He hoped Malfoy didn't puke all over the place. He rubbed his temples and then looked up, glaring at Harry.

"Don't touch me Potter," he hissed between his teeth. "I'll cast the jelly legs jynx on you." Harry glowered at the annoying Slytherin.

"I didn't touch you," he snapped. "You touched me." Malfoy made a scoffing noise, like him touching a Gryffindor was the most ridiculous thing in the world. Gritting his teeth, Harry turned away from him to look at the castle looming over him.

"Welcome to another year at Hogwarts," Professor Dumbledore greeted everyone as he stood from his chair in the Great Hall. "We have a new potions master this year, Professor Slughorn!" A short man stood and bowed, beaming happily. "Taking the Defense Against the Dark Arts position will be Professor Snape, who is not here right now..." Harry was surprised. Where could his most hated teacher be at? Snape was always at the Great Hall, unless he had important business to do...

Harry blocked out the rest of the announcement, his eyes oddly straying to the Slytherin table. He was even more shocked that Malfoy was watching him. He gave him a dirty look, but Malfoy just bit his bottom lip, still studying Harry. The action sent a wave of electricity down his back, which Harry found odd. Why was he getting goosebumps just watching Malfoy? Why was he and Malfoy staring at each other to begin with?

Harry forced himself to look away and up at Professor Dumbledore to see his blue twinkling back at him. They smiled at each other but Dumbledore looked...worried. Had he caught them staring at each other? He looked back at Malfoy whose head was down like he was ashamed. What was with this year already? Something strange was going on. And Harry wanted to find out fast.