Chapter 48

Dragging a drunk Ares into my room, I let out a long, long sigh

"You're so exhausting sometimes," I groan when he slumps down on my bed. When he doesn't reply, my frown deepens.

"What are you even doing here?"

At this, he offers a mere shrug.

"I'm just confused, is all," he yawns and rolls over in bed. The shirt he's wearing shifts up, exposing the ink on his body.

I force my eyes away.

"Why are you confused?" I ask. But he just ignores me and changes the subject.

"I was there at the concert, with the little girl," he slurs and his eyes meet mine. "I liked the song."

My heart warms at the compliment, but I quickly push the feeling away. "Thanks," I sigh and take a shirt from my bag, quickly changing into that and a pair of comfortable sleeping shorts.

As soon as I'm within arm's reach, he wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me on the bed.

"Hmm, Lena," he whispers, his nose going up my neck, "you smell so good."

I writhe in his hold and swoon at the nickname he's given me.

"T-thanks," I stammer out and close my eyes in embarrassment.

"So fucking good," he trails off, and shifts against me. My face heats up when I feel his length hardening against me. 

"Can't help myself," he laughs, "you're irresistible."

"Ares..." I trail off, and I notice his breathing growing heavy.

"Been too long since I've been inside of you," he murmurs and plants a kiss on my neck.

"We can't," I choke out, even though his words have an effect on me. But we can't. And we won't.

"Why?" he whines and leans back, jutting his bottom lip out in a pout.

I smile at the sight and giggle at his cuteness. He seems really upset that I won't have sex with him

"Because you're drunk," I clarify.

He huffs and rolls his eyes. "Alright then," he groans and drops his head back to where it was. "Buzzkill," he then adds, but plants another kiss on my neck, anyway.

It's silent for a few beats.

"Why are you drunk?"

"Got carried away," he chuckles against my skin. Goosebumps erupt all over.

"Went for a drink with the boys and uh... had a little too much. But I'm all good now because I'm with you," he trails off.

"Why are you acting so sweet all of a sudden?" I frown, loving his words and attention but being apprehensive as well.