Impossible Wishes

The moment my mother told me this, I knew it was the best thing for my family. I wish impossible things, and this is the most impossible wish I could ever wish for.

To get my beloved horse back.

This happened way back less then a year ago. I came home from school, all happy, not knowing something like this would ever have to come. I miss her from this day, this hour, this second, this millisecond.

I came in the door, my mom sitting in her office chair.

"Hunny. Come sit." She looked concerned.

" Alright.....?" I had the same concerned face stuck to me.

" I think we need to find Linnie a new home," At first I didn't know what she meant.

"But I like the barn she is boarded at!" I say, then realizing what she meant.

"Oh." I climb on her lap. I was a little old to sit on a lap, but this was an exception. It turned out my mom not only decided to sell her, but have already found the people. They already looked at her.

" I already found the people," She continued, " Linnie would be the perfect fit for them." I started to cry.

If you are not a person who has gone through this, you wouldn't understand. Let's say you had a bunny. You had the bunny ever since you were like 2 years old. And let's say it all the sudden died, how wOuld you feel?

A few days later we we went to my barn to see the people. We were there and the people would be there soon. I didn't want to sell her, but I knew it would be the best. For my mom, and myself, and my horse. All I wanted was for her to live a happy life.

My mom tried comforting me, but it didn't work. All I could think was that within the next hour, my horse would be gone.

The people arrived soon after. I don't remember the names exactly, why would I?

I talked to linnie for a bit, alone. I know she couldn't understand me, I wanted to still tell her I loved her and I always will. I told her I would always be thinking of her and I will be when I pass away.

I gave her a hug, and I think she knew what that meant. I'm not sure but I think she did. She stopped grazing and looked at me. She then nudged me, in a way of saying goodbye.

She didn't want to get in the trailer. It was a tiny, small trailer, and she could barely fit in it. I felt bad for her.

I watched her leave down the road. Her butt was sticking out. Me and my mom both began to cry. My mom hugged me. As my horse went down the road. I Saw her look out the window, A way of saying her final goodbye.

My mom and I remember this moment from day to day. I pray for my horse, and wish her a great life. I wish that I could see her one last time.