just a peck

age: 14 years old
330 words

The baseball game was finally done and unfortunately Finneys team had lost. Finney had invited Robin to watch his game because the two had recently become closer. Finney finished packing his stuff up and walked out of the dugout. Robin was waiting near the dugout and waved to Finney when he saw him. "Hey you did good out there don't sweat it buddy." Robin said as he swung his arm around Finneys shoulders and they begun walking to the Grab-n-Go to get some after game snacks.

"Yeah, yeah whatever..Bruce has a really good swing and i just can't figure out how to strike him." Finney said as he wiped some of the dirt and sweat off his face. A little while later they reached the store and got there go-to items. Robin insisted on paying because apparently "it was the right thing to do after all the hard work he had put in"...whatever that means. "Hey i'll walk you home man my mom wouldn't mind if i was a few minutes late." Robin said and then took a big gulp of his coke. "Oh..ok sounds good, thanks..." Finney said with a light dust of blush on his cheeks.

Eventually they were infront of Finneys house. "Hey i'll see you tomorrow ok? Oh! i'm gonna need your homework answers tho before math starts so..." Robin said smirking. "Omg, ok, whatever dude just meet me outside of the school in the morning." Finney said turning to go up his driveway. "Wait!.." Finney heard Robin screech with a slight voice crack.

Robin jogged up to him and gave him a peck on the cheek and turned around quickly, running and giggling like a school girl. "Bye Finn see ya!" as he turned around giving him a wink. Finney just stood there with his hand over the spot Robin had kissed him looking like a whole ass tomato.

suggestions would be appreciated 🫶