Chapter 18

Yeonjun's POV

" Do you love me? " I asked, he looked up at my face. I knew the answer to that question.

He was quiet, staring at my face with a smile that was sad. Why was he sad? If anyone is supposed to be sad, that should be me because I got my trust broken.

" Will you trust me if I say, yes? " he scooted closer to me. He was looking into my eyes with hope. Hope, how did he still have that?

" No "

I cannot trust him anymore, although he has been good to me lately. But it was a matter of time and he would betray me again. I cannot afford to get my heart broken again.

" It's okay for you to take as much time as you want because I'm not giving up on us anytime soon " Soobin pecked my forehead. " Just promise me that you will try to think about giving us a chance " he took my hands into his chest.

Us?

There is no us because it's always about him and his needs and wishes. " Can you feel my heart beating fast? " yes I could feel his heart beat. I immediately looked to the other side of the room, not sure if I could look into his eyes longer.

I went to the washroom to change into my night clothes. Well, those are actually his clothes because I don't have anything of my own here. I asked him to bring me my clothes from the palace but he never did.

By the time I'll go out he will be gone. Everyday he leaves at night and comes back the next day. It's been like this for quite some time now but I can not get used to this feeling. Things are not meant to be like this.

I took a towel from the hanger and wrapped it around my neck and went outside to see him adjusting the pillows on the sofa. " Aren't you leaving tonight? " I asked him with curiosity. He only stays at night when he wants intercourse. Will he force me tonight ?

Initially my plan was to be good to him so that he trust me enough to leave the door open when he gets back to the palace but now I don't think I can give my body to him just like that. I cannot torture myself more.

" Don't worry I will sleep here on the sofa, you can sleep comfortably on the bed " did he hear my thoughts? Was I thinking too loudly, no way. I made my way towards the bed and covered myself with the duvet.

I couldn't fall asleep no matter how much I tried, I was scared of him doing something to me in my sleep. I peeked out of the duvet and saw him squirming around the sofa. It must be very uncomfortable to sleep.

" Soobin.." I called him and he immediately opened his eyes to answer " Anything wrong? "

" You can sleep here beside me on the bed" I told him. His face light up as he walked towards the bed with his pillow. " Are we going to put the pillows between us like they do in movies? " he asked. I have not watched a lot of movies as it was no allowed inside the palace but I watched the ones Huening and Taehyun managed to sneak in.

I got his reference. " No we are not, just be on your side of the bed " I replied. What is the point of a pillow wall if he can just toss it, if he wants? I turned around to sleep. At night I felt Soobin wrapping an arm around my waist to pull me closer. His legs tangled with mine beneath the duvet and I was pressed to his chest.

" Mmm, this is nice " he was sniffing my hair. He hugged me tightly. He pressed a soft kiss on my nape as his fingers traced my stomach. He was nuzzling into my neck. After some time when it stopped I adjusted my position to face him.

He was sleeping with a faint smile on his face. I tried to move his hands from my stomach and an immediate frown appeared on his face. His hold tightened but loose enough to not hurt me. I allowed myself to soak up the warmth. It is very strange but I am feeling safe in his hold, in this moment.

Sometime later he drifted off to a peaceful slumber. I wish there is an alternative universe where he is not a jerk but a loving husband to me and we have a small family of our own. Where he will not break my trust and he loves me. I closed my eyes to imagine happiness.

End of Yeonjun's POV

***

Chapter 19 soon.
Thanks!