Chapter 44

A week went by and the team still had no luck finding where Zod was hiding out. Clark, Lois and Kara decided that they would spend the weekend with Clark's parents and get to know them better. Clark and Lois had been busy at work during the week and Kara had been busy with college. Lucy had also met Clark's parents and she seemed to get along with them well. So, now all four of the younger group were sitting around learning things about Krypton. Kara already knew most of it being that she was older when she left the planet. Clark and Lois knew some of it from their training, but there were some of the things that they were told that they didn't know. Lucy was totally clueless, which was to be expected.

"So, Clark was the only person who knows how long to have a natural birth on Krypton? All of the other children were genetically engineered?" Lucy asked.

"That's right. I know it sounds weird, but it is very efficient and it helps make healthier babies." Lara said.

"I guess you have a point there. So, would your family be one of the ruling families on your planet?" Lucy asked.

"Yes, you could look at it like that." Jor-El said.

"So, my sister would be like a princess now?" Lucy asked.

"That is not exactly how it works, but if we were on earth, I guess that would be a way of looking at it." Lara said.

"I am going to start calling you princess, Lois." Lucy said with a smile.

"You do that and I will hurt you. I don't want to be known as anyone other than Lois Lane or one of these days, Lois Lane-Kent." Lois said.

"Oh, come on. You are no fun." Lucy said with a pout and everyone else couldn't help but laugh at the exchange.

The conversation continued for a while until there was a knock at the door. "I'll get it." Clark said as he stood up to answer the door.

When he got to the door he opened it and he saw two women that he didn't know. "Can I help you?" Clark asked.

"We have been looking everywhere for you Kal-El. We broke off from Zod's group because we want to live here peacefully, while Zod wants to conquer this planet." one woman said.

"I am glad that you decided to live here peacefully. Come in. Maybe you can help us figure out what to do about Zod." Clark said and the two women entered.

When the three of them walked into the living room, Jor-El and Lara noticed the women right away. "Faora, it is good to see you, but what are you doing here?" Lara asked.

"A group of us broke off from Zod's group and we are living peacefully on this planet. We do not believe in what Zod is preaching anymore." Faora said.

"That is good to know. Do you know that he has planned?" Jor-El asked.

"One of the scientists that is with us figured out that you somehow changed something so that we wouldn't be able to get powers under the yellow sun. He is looking for a way to turn the sun red." Faora said.

"That would definitely give him powers and it would take them away from Kal-El, Kara, and Lois." Jor-El said.

"Well, then we need to make sure they don't get the chance to do that. How many of Zod's people left with you?" Lois asked.

"About half. Why? What do you have in mind?" Faora asked.

"We have a way to send Zod to another planet. We just need to know how much blue kryptonite we need to keep all of you here." Clark said.

"I would say that there are probably about 100 of us. Which means Zod still has just as many. Let us know when you are ready to start your plan and my people and I will be there to help you." Faora said.

"Thank you. So, where are you staying now?" Clark asked.

"We are staying in hotels all over Metropolis. We don't want to all stay together just in case Zod tries something since he probably thinks that we betrayed him by leaving him." Faora said.

"That makes sense. Do you have a phone so that we can get in touch with you if we need to?" Kara asked and Faora nodded as she gave the younger girl her phone number so that they could be in contact if they needed anything from each other.

"If you hear anything else about Zod's plan, please let us know. It will help us know how long we have before his plan becomes active." Clark said.

"I will do what I can to find out what you need to know. I might send someone back to spy on him. He did say that we were welcome back at any time if we saw that things weren't working out in the outside world." Faora said.

"Do you have someone that you would trust to send back that Zod wouldn't think was a mole?" Lois asked.

"I have a few people that would fit that description. I will get to work on that and then I will let you know what I find out." Faora said.

"Thanks." Clark said.

"Well, we will be going now. I just wanted to let you know that some of us weren't happy with what Zod is planning and we have broken off with his group because of that. We are here to help you if you need us." Faora said as she and the other woman got up and walked toward the door they entered not too long ago.

"Come by anytime. I would like to get to know more people from Krypton." Clark said and Faora nodded as she and the other woman left so that they could make it back to Metropolis.

"Well, that was interesting." Lois said.

"Aren't you glad that we didn't decide to send them all away like we were going to do originally?" Lara asked.

"Yeah, it looks like we made the right decision. We will just have to see how helpful Faora and her people are when it comes to stopping Zod." Jor-El said and everyone nodded knowing that this could be exactly what they needed to make sure that Zod was never a threat to them or earth.