Chapter 14: Burn

Začít od začátku

Jeongin took a trembling breath. He squeezed a little more the books he was holding against him, trying to prevent his hands from shaking.

"You were staring into space..." Seungmin continued.

They remained in silence for a moment, not moving from their position. Jeongin began to count in his head. Inhale for two seconds, exhale for three. He repeated the pattern several times, gradually taking his marks. He looked around. They were both in the campus, under the courtyard of the General Building.

He turned his attention to the young man in front of him, who was waiting quietly, even though he seemed a little nervous. He was wringing his hands.

"I'm sorry." Jeongin gently said. "You surprised me and-"

"It's okay. I assure you. I shouldn't have touched you, but I didn't know what to do..."

"I'm good. I was just surprised."

Seungmin licked his lips.

"What are you doing on campus...? It's Saturday."

"Oh, I..."

The youngest took a look at the books he was holding against his chest.

"I needed to go to the library to pick up books for my project."

"Oh. Your teacher finally told you about it."

"Yes. What about you? What are you doing here?"

"I live on campus." Seungmin evasively replied. "My roommate is baking and it's really a mess, so I went out for some fresh air. I wanted to go get a smoothie, and then I saw you standing there, so... So I came to see you."

Jeongin blushed a little under the attention, gently nodding his head.

"Do you want to come and have a smoothie with me?" The older one suggested. "You can talk to me about your project like that. Well, if you want to... and if you have time."

"Oh... That's nice, but I didn't take any money with me."

"I invite you."

The youngest looked at him, surprised. He hesitated for a moment. It was never a good sign when someone offered us a drink. People always had ulterior motives... Seungmin gave him a nice smile. Then he remembered it was just Seungmin. The boy who had only been kind and understanding with him.

Matheo had also been kind to him at the beginning...

He shook his head, getting a curious look from Seungmin.

He wasn't like Matheo, he had to get that idea out of his head.

"Are you sure you're all right?" The photographer inquired.

"Yes! I'm going to come with you. But next time, I'm inviting you..."

Seungmin opened his eyes a little, surprised by the proposition. His expression of surprise quickly melted into an amused smile.

"All right! Come on, follow me."

The younger one slipped the books in his backpack, before following in Seungmin's footsteps. He guided them to a small jungle-like shop. From the outside, it looked tiny, revealing only a glass door. But, once inside, it was deep and beautifully laid out. There were tables in the back, but most of the seats were at the bar, where the employees prepared the drinks.

"Wow, that's pretty. I didn't know that place."

"I'm glad to be able to show it to you then. Just in time for afternoon tea. Do you want to sit at the tables in the back or at the bar?"