𝓝ew Beginnings.

{ 009. }

••••

[ The Present. ]

3 Years Later.

Y/N POV;
    𝓘t has now been three years since the incident. After what had happened, Finney took me to his place to recover from being outside in the cold. His dad, taking me in.

My father, nowhere to be found. He was not found at home. He was just....gone. As if he had disappeared.

Hearing my alarm go off, I get up from my slumber. Stretching, I look at my alarm clock to see the time.

'6:30.' Smiling to myself, I slip on my pair of slippers.

I always love to wake up early, just to be able to have some time for myself. And to be able to go outside, grab the newspaper, and watch the sunrise.

Walking outside, I sit down. Admiring the pretty sky. Waiting for the newspaper to arrive.

Hearing barking coming from afar, I get up. Looking at the road, I smile.

Paperboy, and his golden retriever dog.

Paperboy had dark blonde hair, wearing a red leather jacket with some brown pants and white converse shoes.

Making it to my house, the boy goes through his basket. Looking at me, the paperboy throw's the newspaper.

Catching it, I grin.

Waving goodbye, I yell

"Thank you, paperboy!"

"Anytime, Miss!" The boy yells back, pedaling to the next house.

Making my way back inside the house, I place the newspaper on the coffee table. Walking back to my room, I start to get ready for the day.

Grabbing my outfit for today, I change

(Outfit 1!

(Outfit 2!)

(Outfit 2!)

Doing my usual routine, I head to the kitchen to make some breakfast. Bacon and eggs!

After eating, I start to clean both the kitchen and living room. The living room being filled with bottles from last night, when dad was drinking.

Hearing light footsteps, I look up. Seeing both Gwen and Finney.

"Morning, you two." I smile, walking up to the two.

"Morning, Y/N!" The two say, going to sit down to eat breakfast.

"Robin should almost be here, by now. You guy's ready?" Finn nods, his bag over his shoulder. Gwenny, giving a thumbs up.

Nodding, I go to watch some TV.

Couple minutes later, I hear knocking coming from the door.

"Robin's here!" Getting up, I go to open the door. Being met with Robin, of course.

"Hey," I wave, letting Robin in.

"Hey, N/N! Hey, Finney! Gwen," Robin smiles, giving Gwen a fist bump.

"Alright, we should get going." Nodding, we all make our way outside. All four of us, walking to School together.

••••

Arriving to School, we all go to stand at our usual spot.

"I'm gonna get going to go see my friend's, now!" Gwen say's, grinning and waving goodbye. Running up to her group of friends.

"We should start walking to our class. Bell is about to ring any minute, now." Finn suggest, not wanting to be late.

"Ya, you're right. See ya later, Robin!"

"Bye!" Robin waves goodbye, walking away.

Finney and I start walking to our class together, talking about random topics.

Laughing, Finn starts to walk ahead.

Smiling softly, I look to the side. Catching a glimpse of a group of girls crowding around something, or....someone?

Stopping, I decide to watch the scene. Confused to what was going on. What were they fangirling about?

The bell rings, causing some girls to sigh and walk to class. Some, not paying attention to the bell at all.

Finally being able to see who they were crowding around, I gasp. They were all crowding around that one baseball player!

Bruce Yamada.

Smiling at the girls, the boy turns his head. His eyes, looking at mines. Now being aware of my presence.

Before being able to walk away, the boy already started to walk up to me. Making me mentally sigh inside.

Flashing a soft smile, the boy speaks up.

"Hey! I think I recognize you. You're the girl who's always at the baseball games, sitting on the bleachers!" The boy say's, raising his brow.

"Oh, yeah. I always go to the game's just to watch my brother Finney play." I reply, nodding.

"I see....are you planning on coming to the upcoming game?" Bruce asks, still keeping his smile.

"Ya, I am. Only to just go and support my brother." I say, chuckling a little.

"Uh huh. Alright! Well, looking forward to see you amongst the crowd! Names Bruce." Laughing a little, I shake his hand.

"Ya, I know. Everyone knows who you are. Y/N Blake. Nice to meet you," I say, getting ready to walk away to class.

"See you later, Blake!" Smiling awkwardly, I nod. Waving goodbye, I start speed walking to class.

'Well, that was quite the interaction." I think to myself. Turning around, seeing the boy walk to his class as well.