Volume 1 - The Inception| 45: Not a pet but a family.

Bright red furs are now soft pink. Two white horns are now four on top of Pula's forehead. What's more, Pula looks even bigger than she used to be. She is now at the same height as my shoulder, and she now looks heavy to carry. I don't think I could carry Pula again in my arms.

Anyway, what happened to Pula's appearance? 

My brows furrowed in curiosity and confusion, but still, I'm relieved that Pula is now awake. 

"Raaaawwwrr!" Pula roared, growling as she jumped down from fourth floor to the ground of the arena. Dust spread as she descended down.

"Monster!" The crowd gasped in shock. 

I pay no attention to them as I kept my eyes focused on Pula's new appearance. "Pula," I called softly.

Pula turned to look at me. "Grrr, rawr!" She growled, running as she dash forward towards me. 

"Restrain that monster!" 

I heard the gladiator woman commanded behind me.

The two soldiers beside me responded, "aye general!"

Those two soldiers started running towards Pula, pulling out the swords on their scabbards resting beside their waist, and afterwards, they surrounded the pink savage, making Pula stop on her tracks. Their sharp blades pointed at the gnashing rabbit.

Pula growled at this, while my brows creased.

'I have to help Pula,' I thought to myself urgently. 

I struggled, removing my whole left and cut off right hand from the ropes that is binding both of my wrists, but the tied ropes are too tight. They tied it around my wrist about four times in different ways. 

Although it is hard to untie the ropes on me, I didn't give up. I wanted to help Pula, so I struggled wiggling out, pulling out my cut off right hand from the bind. 

With a bit more struggle, I manage to remove my right hand out of the tied ropes freeing myself.

I moved my feet to stand, but before I could walk, I felt a kick behind my knees making me kneel again to the ground. I then felt someone grab my hair pushing my face down, crashing my head to the ground. 

I grimaced from the impact, and on my left peripheral vision, I saw the gladiator woman kneeling next to me as her hand put pressure on my head, restraining my movement and making me unable to stand up. 

"Dare to escape in front of this general?" Said the gladiator woman in a cold expression.

I frowned, propping myself up on my elbows, but the gladiator woman kept a tight grip on my head pushing me again to the ground. 

"You are so weak," she commented disdainfully, putting pressure on my head. 

I glanced up, checking how Pula was faring. I saw her fighting the two soldiers with ease. I smiled to myself, feeling relief in my heart. 

"Is that your pet?" The gladiator woman said beside me. 

I knitted my brows, frowning at her as I chose not to reply, but she smirks at me taking the horn-like speaking trumpet on her waist, then she brings it near to her mouth.

"Archers!" The gladiator woman called in a yell. "Aim at that monster!"

"Aye general," the soldiers on the first floor of the audience seat said shortly. 

The crowd cheered, chanting, "ge-ne-ral!"

My eyes widened in alarm as I struggled more against the gladiator woman restraining me. However, she put more pressure on my head, whacking my head on the ground.