Chapter 4- Roomates

Ash walked into the kitchen after getting off the phone with Professor Oak. As soon as he placed his foot on the linoleum floor, the smell of bacon hit his face.

"What did the Professor say?" Zorua asked, looking up at Ash from the frying pan on the stove. "Oh, he just told me what you both talked about."

"Oh really?" "Yeah," Ash said walking to the table and taking a seat, "He told me that you.... uh.... have to live with me now." "Really! That's great!" A wide smile spread on Zoruas face.

"Yeah, but I have some rules for you to follow." Zorua turned to look at Ash, a confused look on her face. "Rules? Really?"

Ash rolled his eyes, and Zorua went back to cooking. "Yes rules, I like to have a clean house ya know!"

Zorua laughed, "Alright Mr.Tidypants, what are the rules?" "The rules are, to always clean up after yourself, don't leave dirty clothes on the ground, we take turns making meals, and we both have chores everyday." "Wait, I have chores? And I have to do them everyday!?"

"Yes, but like I said before, we both do the chores. Plus it's just small things to keep the house neat, nothing too big." Zorua sighed in defeat, "Alright, I guess that seems fair."

She turned away from the stove with two plates in her hand, both full of amazing looking food. "Looks great!" Ash said as Zorua placed a plate in front of him. She smiled as she set down her plate across the table and began to eat.

An awkward silence fell over both of them as they ate their breakfast. After what happened with the professor, they felt no need to talk a whole lot.

~*~

"Hey, get ready to go Zorua. We're leaving the house for a bit."

"What for?" Zorua looked at Ash with a confused look. "We need to go shopping, for groceries and stuff."

"Alright, sounds good." Zorua said while in the process of putting on a coat. Ash laughed at Zorua, "You do know it's the middle of summer, right?" Zoruas face instantly turned red with embarrassment. "Haha y-yeah of course I did!" She said ash she slowly but the coat back.

Ash laughed again at her, just thinking about how adorable she was being. "Well what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Zorua said, grabbing Ash's arm and running out the door.

~*~

First they stopped at the supermarket, getting all the food they needed for every meal. The next place they stopped at was a small boutique in the shopping center. Ash and Zorua walked in, although Zorua looked confused. "What are we doing here...?"

Ash giggled slyly, "You'll see." As they walked to the middle of the store, they were both greeted by a cheerful young woman. "Welcome! Do you need any assistance?" Ash nodded and smiled, "Yes, we need to find some clothes for her." Ash said pointing at Zorua.

Zorua looked at Ash, even more confused than before. "Wait, what?" "Well you can't wear all of my clothes all the time!"

"Yeah bu-" before Zorua could continue, the lady grabbed her wrist and pulled her to the changing room. Soon Zorua was trying on every single type of clothes known. From pink frilly dresses, to clothes two sizes too big.

Eventually, after about one hour of trying on nothing but horrible clothes, Zorua walked out of the dressing room wearing a black and grey striped tank top, blue jean shorts, and some black high top sneakers.

She modeled the outfit for Ash, who looked very surprised by how well it suited her. "W-wow you look great!" Zorua smiled shyly looking down at her feet, "Thank you..."

Soon they were leaving, a bag in hand with Zorua's new clothes. "Thanks Ash, for ya know getting me the clothes." Ash looked at Zorua and smiled at her, "Don't worry about it! We will be getting you more clothes eventually too, so don't be thanking me now. So do you want to drop off the food and go get something to eat?"

"I would love to!" Zorua said smiling brightly at Ash.

Heyy sorry about the late update, I hope you all enjoyed the chapter tho! Please like and vote! Love ya!<3